“Good Stay”

Red Roof Inn Somerset
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business and was surprised by the quality of my room for the price. You could tell it's newer by the condition and up keep. Room was clean and staff was great. Overall a very pleasant stay. Will be back

• Stayed: January 2014
Somerset702, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Thank you for such wonderful comments. We are glad you were satisfied and enjoyed the time you spent at our location. Thank you very much for your business and review.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We checked in on a Friday night.. Saturday morning we got up and was getting dressed. I am "OCD".. so I was making the bed and there it was crawling on the sheets in daylight. And from what I have read that means they are bad. I told the front desk and they stated they never had an issue and would comp the room and move us to a new room on the other side. Then I talked to the next front desk person and they stated they had only one incident of bed bugs.. so we went from none to one... then I did research and found they have had multiple issues with them and so it is apparent they have not rectified the situation. So sad.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Froschauer
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I found the staff at this Hotel very accommodating. They went above and beyond to make are stay pleasurable. Great location for us. After a long drive me and my husband wanted something near by to eat and front desk recommended a great Mexican restaurant next door. It was very convenient and in walking distance. On top of this the room was great. Very clean and thats what is most important to us while traveling. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Glad to hear the staff provided you with excellent service. We Enjoy hearing positive feedback from our guest. We hope to see you soon on your next trip back into Somerset.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

stay here everytime i travel this way for a gun show. the rooms are clean and comfortable. the beds are great. the price is very affordable. and it appears the owners constantly update as the issues i had last time were resolved. the location is perfect for what a business traveler needs. i'll be back next time

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are happy to hear you were pleased with you're stay. At Red Roof Inn we strive to provide excellent service and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was my 4th time staying at Red Roof Somerset, and disappointingly, it will be my last. The first two visits were decent, but the last two were not. Bed linens had not been changed, so I had to ask for fresh ones, and then had to change them myself because I arrived at night and the housekeeping crew only works during the day. On this last visit, not only were the bed linens not fresh, the sink had not been well cleaned -- there were small hairs and coffee/beverage stains around the upper rim; not a pleasant site when you have your face near the sink. The noise outside was so bad all night that I got very little sleep. This was the first time my room was located on the back side of the motel, and it was obviously the noisier side, not only from the businesses located near the hotel, but from guests coming and going at all hours and not being considerate of other guests' comfort. Also, this last time the alarm clock had not been turned off from the previous guest's use, so I was slammed with a very loud radio alarm at 5a.m., just after having finally drifted off to sleep again. All in all, the last two stays were unpleasant enough that I will have to find other lodging when in the area. Options are limited for people who travel with pets, so I am quite disappointed about losing what I had hoped would be a reliable, clean, inexpensive place to stay on my frequent visits to family in the area. I will, however, commend the front desk employees for their friendliness and prompt response to problems. It is my hope that the owner and management of this facility will rectify the cleanliness issues for future guests. At bargain prices I don't expect luxury, but cleanliness is crucial.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Somerset702, Manager at Red Roof Inn Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review and bringing these issues to my attention. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and I would like to give you my sincere apologies for your experience with us. Actions will be taken to guarantee these issues are delta with. We hope you will give us another chance at the Red Roof Inn in Somerset. You are welcome to contact me directly anytime.

Martin Patel
I0702@redroof.com

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I work at a red roof inn in Indiana and stayed her for 2 nights and it was great the staff was so nice even give me a late check out, The room was spacious and clean with a safe in room which was very nice to have so our belongings were secure not that we needed it..lol I was very impressed with everything about this location

Room Tip: We had a king smoking room it was great
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerset702, Manager at Red Roof Inn Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ive stayed in this hotel before with some friends and had a wonderful stay so I decided to stay there for myself because of the pleasant stay before. I was only going to stay for one night, but decided to come one day early and went ahead and made another room reservation. Upon arrival I was checked in with ease and the clerk was able to make sure I didn't have to change rooms the next day due to a separate reservation. Due to being fully reserved with regular king size bed rooms they gave me the ADA handicap room which is fine. I spent the first night in this room, but that night when I went to take a shower the drain would not drain and resulted in a flooded bathroom floor. If anyone has ever stayed in a handicap accessible bathroom you know how the showers are and any slight of a slow drain will cause chaos. So I went to the front desk told the clerk and he wrote it down to have maintenance check on it in the morning, but after almost 12 hours later maintenance never showed up and the shower of course still wouldn't drain. After a full day of activities and not a full shower the following day I was ready for a nice hot shower. I then called the front desk and talked to another young gentlemen who was quick to respond and quickly moved us to another room and even upgraded us to a jacuzzi room for our troubles. He even went so far as to help us move our luggage to the other room. I've stayed in many hotels and have never had any staff go to the lengths he did to correct the mistake. I believe his name was Rudi and if any of the management from this hotel reads this, this guy is the real deal and went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great!
This hotel has been remodeled and is actually super clean and tastefully decorated. The beds are fairly comfortable if you like a more firm bed. Pillows were nice and bedding was clean. The price is great and this is probably the best budget hotel in somerset. Thus being why is rated so high on trip advisor. It's a little noisy during the day due to traffic and being right off one of somersets busiest roads, but it quiets down during the night. They offer a small continental breakfast which consist of doughnuts, different breads, muffins, bagels. Cereal, coffee, milk, apple juice and some fresh fruit. Which is perfect for a quick grab breakfast when heading out the door. All of the staff are super friendly and even housekeeping were very helpful with making sure we had fresh towels, enough pillows and the trash changed in our room. I will definitely be visiting this hotel again in the future. My only issue the entire time is the shower drain in the handicap accessible rooms which will be avoided the next time. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the ADA handicap accessible rooms they're located in the front end of the hotel so...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your day to write us a review. I would like to first start off with an apology for the drain not running properly. I’m very pleased to hear our staff was accommodating and went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable during your stay. We hope you will come see us again next time you are in Somerset. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice, and we look forward to seeing you soon. Have a wonderful day.