“wonderful staff and room”

Red Roof Inn Somerset
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I work at a red roof inn in Indiana and stayed her for 2 nights and it was great the staff was so nice even give me a late check out, The room was spacious and clean with a safe in room which was very nice to have so our belongings were secure not that we needed it..lol I was very impressed with everything about this location

Room Tip: We had a king smoking room it was great
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerset702, Manager at Red Roof Inn Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for such wonderful comments. We are glad you were satisfied and enjoyed the time you spent at our location. Thank you very much for your business and review.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Somerset

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Ive stayed in this hotel before with some friends and had a wonderful stay so I decided to stay there for myself because of the pleasant stay before. I was only going to stay for one night, but decided to come one day early and went ahead and made another room reservation. Upon arrival I was checked in with ease and the clerk was able to make sure I didn't have to change rooms the next day due to a separate reservation. Due to being fully reserved with regular king size bed rooms they gave me the ADA handicap room which is fine. I spent the first night in this room, but that night when I went to take a shower the drain would not drain and resulted in a flooded bathroom floor. If anyone has ever stayed in a handicap accessible bathroom you know how the showers are and any slight of a slow drain will cause chaos. So I went to the front desk told the clerk and he wrote it down to have maintenance check on it in the morning, but after almost 12 hours later maintenance never showed up and the shower of course still wouldn't drain. After a full day of activities and not a full shower the following day I was ready for a nice hot shower. I then called the front desk and talked to another young gentlemen who was quick to respond and quickly moved us to another room and even upgraded us to a jacuzzi room for our troubles. He even went so far as to help us move our luggage to the other room. I've stayed in many hotels and have never had any staff go to the lengths he did to correct the mistake. I believe his name was Rudi and if any of the management from this hotel reads this, this guy is the real deal and went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great!
This hotel has been remodeled and is actually super clean and tastefully decorated. The beds are fairly comfortable if you like a more firm bed. Pillows were nice and bedding was clean. The price is great and this is probably the best budget hotel in somerset. Thus being why is rated so high on trip advisor. It's a little noisy during the day due to traffic and being right off one of somersets busiest roads, but it quiets down during the night. They offer a small continental breakfast which consist of doughnuts, different breads, muffins, bagels. Cereal, coffee, milk, apple juice and some fresh fruit. Which is perfect for a quick grab breakfast when heading out the door. All of the staff are super friendly and even housekeeping were very helpful with making sure we had fresh towels, enough pillows and the trash changed in our room. I will definitely be visiting this hotel again in the future. My only issue the entire time is the shower drain in the handicap accessible rooms which will be avoided the next time. Overall it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the ADA handicap accessible rooms they're located in the front end of the hotel so...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your day to write us a review. I would like to first start off with an apology for the drain not running properly. I’m very pleased to hear our staff was accommodating and went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable during your stay. We hope you will come see us again next time you are in Somerset. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice, and we look forward to seeing you soon. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel is in an accessible location very easy to get to .. People are great , customer service people are very friendly, rooms are nice size but could use some updating .. Carpet in my room was very dirty and really needed a deep cleaning , and my room door did not lock properly you had to slam door to make sure it was closed, not a bad experience but wouldn't stay again or recommend it either.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dustin W
Somerset702, Manager at Red Roof Inn Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. I appreciate the comments as we are always looking for ways to improve the hotel. We hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Somerset.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Needed two rooms for the weekend so was looking at good rates. Pictures looked good ( but who really knows if recent or not? ) so booked two king rooms of which one was ADA. The rooms were spacious, very clean and looked as if recently remodeled. Beds were very comfortable and believe me, I am a picky sleeper! The ADA room easily accommodated my Mother with her walker and wheelchair. It is a pet friendly hotel and no pet fee charged. My dog sniffed a couple of times then settled down, so that told us the room had been thoroughly cleaned. Breakfast furnished was adequate with coffee, juice and an assortment of pastries, cereals and breads. Rooms have microwaves, refrigerators and coffee pots. Only negative was street traffic sounds but that was just early in the evening. We will definitely stay here on future trips.

Room Tip: Booked online
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Gmahoney
Somerset702, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

We greatly appreciate you taking time out from your day to write us a review. I am pleased to hear that our accommodations were a perfect match for you. We look forward to having you back with us at the Red Roof Inn on your next trip to Somerset, KY.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The staff including Mr Martin always has a room ready for me. Also have plenty of room for my truck and usually gets me a room right across from it. They also recommended a restaurant that I can sit and enjoy dinner before I call it a night

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank negrete69

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your nice comments about our hotel. We are happy to know that you were completely satisfied with our location, and the service provided. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were in Somerset for the Labor Day weekend and decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn because of the GREAT price per night. We had our reservations at first, but were hopeful given the reviews on Trip Advisor. I am happy to say that this was a great room for the price.. This Red Roof Inn has been recently renovated and the rooms are VERY nicely done and clean. The staff was excellent as well. My wife left her Ipad in the room, and the staff called us about it, and shipped it to us promptly. Great room, Great Staff, Great Stay!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My stay at Red Roof Inn in Somerset was very nice. I checked in at shift change and was greeted by two genuine smiling faces. Becky and Rudy made the check in experience a great beginning to my stay. I was pleased by the cleanliness and newness of the room. The only thing I would suggest is that the air conditioner be turned on before entering the room. But it took no time for the room to cool down. I was tickled with my entire stay, ending with Dunkin Donuts was very nice. Thanks for a nice night!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo