“BEST DONUTS EVER!”

Amon's Sugar Shack
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Somerset
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We do not live in Somerset but if traveling we will exit the freeway and drive to Somerset just to get the wonderful tasting donuts. In fact, it has been a favorite for years.
I love the cake donuts here and not a fan of them other places. My favorite is the toasted coconut although the others are great. These are so good that we have not really gotten into the glazed and do not remember the last time we had one.
As for the cake donuts, the secret must be in the batter.
I do not eat meals here so I can not speak to the usual fare.
When we bring donuts to out of town friends and family they are happily surprised. It amazes me how many donuts people will eat although their initial response is that they will just have a bite. Yeah, right!

There are newer reviews for Amon's Sugar Shack

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place gets far more recognition than it deserves...

The donuts always have an odd aftertaste, almost as if the oil they're cooked in is old. Prices are a bit high for the quality, and selection can be good or bad depending on the time of day.

1  Thank JacobOneall
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is the very best place to go for fresh tasty donuts and their plate dinners and other meals are exceptional as well! I highly recommend this local favorite and will always support this well above the new chain donut place

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Always loved their donuts and cookies! They are the best around. Next I tried their "real food" for breakfast. It was the terrible. I would never eat there again. Will be back for the baked goods though!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

It's small, but friendly and has a good selection. As far as the sweets, well they just can't be topped anywhere. Love this restaurant.