Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Somerset
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The stay here was fine, but could be better. The staff was pleasant. Beds were comfortable and room was satisfactory. Except, the lighting in our room was very dark, even with the curtains open, as there were not enough lights and their light bulbs were dim & not very bright. Also, the cloth chairs had stains on the seats, and the staff said they should be getting replacement chairs. Some minor repairs were needed (bathroom door lock & toilet seat), and will hopefully be fixed soon. The swimming pool was enjoyed by the family, although the loud echo sound was very unpleasant in the pool area. Breakfast bar had a nice variety. We stayed at another Country Inn before, which was overall better than this one, so maybe this one can improve....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel had very nice rooms the bathroom could use some maintence tub spout didn't work everything looked very clean the breakfast bar had about anything you could ever want very clean well stocked everything tasted great staff was nice just seemed like was job and they didn't enjoy being their pool 'spa was nice work out room looked nice didn't use it had laundry room and laundry service only real dislike was tv very small didn't have very good sound/

Room Tip: Hard to find gps send you to wrong place. So would call get diretion when your close to hotel it be...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Donna P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments, we appeciate all of our guests feedback . We hope you and your family will stay with us again when visiting our area.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is located by stoplight #2 at entrance to Somerset Ky from parkway. Easy to find and set back from the main 4 lane strip - which has 23 stoplights and is the place to be on a Somernites Cruise-In show. Upon arrival we were promptly greeted and offered fresh cookies while checking-in. We had requested high and quiet floor and they readily accommodated both requests. The room was fresh and inviting with good lighting and HVAC system. The bed comfortable and numerous pillows. Refrigerator was nice to keep our drinks cold. Breakfast had good variety of hot and cold foods. Coffee was strong and good. Overall experience was delightful and employees very helpful and professional. Will stay here again next year for Somernites events.

Room Tip: Rooms toward rear of building provide easier access from parking and are further removed from main s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Henry J
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is by far the best hotel to stay in while attending the Somernites Car Show or even just to get away. Always clean and the staff are amazing! They always have fresh cookies and coffee waiting for us when we arrive.

Room Tip: All rooms we have stayed in a great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rod Y
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Our recent stay was nothing like staying at other Country Inn & Suites. First, we had trouble finding the hotel, I called to ask where the were located, I barely understood what the girl said when she answered the phone. I got BackYard Burgers and figured out the rest on my own. When we were greeted, it was nothing like the greeting we have received at other Inns. Our room was being finished up when we arrived and took about 5 minutes to finish, no big deal. Our room was not up to the Inn standards. There were several stains on the carpet and the bedspread. The toilet in our room was lopsided when you sat on it and it would move around. One of the outlets did not work in there either. My husband noticed mold on the soap holder in the shower. That's great to have when someone who has allergies. The glass leading to the pool area was cracked. The breakfast was nothing to write home about either. The food was not hot, the gravy was cold ( it came out of crock pot) and the sign said bacon but it was only sausage. The staff looked unprofessional in appearance (sloppy clothes). We were to stay 2 nights but had to change our plans when we arrived. We are glad we did not have to stay for the second night. I made sure that when I asked the clerk about changing the reservation, we would receive our points back for the second night, she said yes. Let's hope it happens.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank angie2326
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Anige2326,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We apologize if the staff seemed unprofessional in appearance. Also we apologize for the guest room and the breakfast that was prepared. We will make sure to share this with our management to ensure improvements will be made.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family and I were visiting Somerset and we decided to stay there because when I read about all of the amenities and services, it sounded like a wonderful place to stay...AND it was cheaper than the other "nice" hotels. Well, I chose wrong. As soon as we stepped out of the car, it was terrible and revolting. The staff was sitting on the swings out front, smoking and talking loudly and impolitely, and when we passed them, they gave us dirty looks. Once we got inside, we saw a sign reading "Newly Renovated Just For You!" That doesn't seem too bad, right? The problem was the that the whole hotel looked old and outdated and smelled like garbage. We checked in and went up a very small and dirty elevator to get to our room. The room smelled nasty! There were price tags on the bedspread of one of the beds from somebody else's clothes, and there were banana peels on the floor NEXT to the trash can. When the covers were lifted, we found a bloodstain on the mattress pad. Dirty clothes littered the box spring when it was lifted. I had to use the restroom, and when I walked in, there were soiled feminine products in the trash can. EEWW!! And last and not least... there was a dirty diaper under the bed!! Everyone left the room and we went to complain to the lobby clerk. She was extremely rude. She denied our complaint several times and kept saying "I know that room was cleaned. I did it myself" we invited her to look at it and she said no. We finally got her to cancel our reservation and check us out. As we left, the clerk went outside and started talking bad about us. TERRIBLE! TERRIBLE! I cannot express the enormous loathing feeling I have toward them well enough!!

Room Tip: Don't waste your time. Don't stay there!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sierra H
Carlson Hotels C, Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff and the condition of the hotel during your stop at the hotel. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service. Your comments are valued and will be used to consider improvements in the future. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

As you can see by the photos I posted the carpet is beyond nasty, I left my socks on and I will have to throw them away because they are now black. The ottoman has some white stains on it and the desk chair almost flipped me over. There is dust bunnies at the edge if the carpet and under the microwave (see photos) plus an assortment if hair in the bathroom floor. I travel frequently and this is the worst Country Inn I have ever stayed at. Motel 6 is cleaner than this place. The outside looks nice and so does the lobby then you get in the room and supersize break out your Clorox wipes! Trust me stay somewhere else while you are in Somerset.

• Stayed: April 2013