“One night getaway”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
Bowling Green, Kentucky
“One night getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were in the area for the KY Green Living Fair. We found the front desk clerk to be very welcoming. There were not many guest so the Hotel was very quiet. The bathroom was beginning to show a few signs of age but all in all it was a great stay and so was the price. We did not eat breakfast there so I have no comment on the food. The breakfast and welcome area were very clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meadows87
Donna P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Somerset, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your response. We look forward to serving you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Waynetown, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed 2 nights. Pool area is nice...nice size pool and hot tub. However, never any clean towels. Very nice breakfast with juices, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, muffins, and cereals. Rooms were nice and clean. Beds were decent, but the pillows are way too soft. Staff is so-so, not very outgoing or talkative. The one thing that made is unhappy is that we had our Daughter's Leap Pad stolen from our room. Housekeeping showed up to clean our room, so we left so she could do her job. When we returned to the room, we noticed the Leap Pad was gone. It's sad you can no longer leave items in your room. When I mentioned that this "mysteriously disappeared" out of our room while we were gone, we were informed they would let us know if it turned up. I should have called the police.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ryan O
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Somerset, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize that your recent stay with our hotel did not live up to your expectations. We apologize that there were not clean towel ready for you at the pool as those should be there for your convenience. We are also terribly sorry that your daughters Leap Pad went missing, we are happy to hear you brought this to our staffs attention so if this is found they can contact you. We also appreciate you letting us know that you did not find our staff to be very talkative or outgoing. This information will be shared with our management team to make sure necessary improvements are made.
Shedd, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

. Wonderful nights sleep X2 on the weekend; good breakfast; friendly staff; quiet and peaceful place to hang out. Nice exercise room and pool. Located off the highway enough there is no road noise at all. I will be back.

Room Tip: I had an upper floor; very quiet; don't know about the lower floors??
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Donna P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Somerset, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank You so much for your great comment. It's guests like you that keep us going!
We hope to see you and your family again on your return trip to Somerset.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

They always go out of their way to make sure my stay is as close to being at home as possible. There are many choices of hotels in Somerset but the Country Inn is second to no one. The breakfast choices are more than any other hotel I have stayed in and I stay 2 days a week every week so they try their absolute best to ensure I get the same room every time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anavrin540
Donna P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Somerset, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We apperciate guests like you that give us feedback to let us know how were doing. Usually the bad is what people like to comment on and ever rarely the good so its very refreshing to read great comments from our loyal guests. We hope to serve you and your family again when visiting our city. Again, thanks you so much!!
Freeport, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have been going to the Country Inn & Suites in Somerset for the last two or three years, at least once, and sometimes twice, generally once in the spring and once in the summer. We have always enjoyed our stay. The rooms are quiet, excellent southern breakfast, great front porch with rocking chairs and swing to relax, cookies at the front desk, great place to stay. It is on the edge of Hwy 27 strip, where there are about anything you would want to shop for or eat at.

The Backyard Grill is right next door, which is a great burger place, and has some great blackberry cobbler. Considered more of fast food, but tastes great.

Somerset is a great place to visit and to live. Lake Cumberland closeby, within 45 minutes of historic Mill Springs where the Battle of Mill Springs was fought, Cumberland Falls, Big South Fork, Gen. Burnside Island, and lot of beautiful hills and mountains to explore in State parks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VondaV
Thank you for your great comments! It' guests like you that lets us know we are doing a good job.We hope to continue our wonderful relationship with you and your family. Looking forward to seeing you again.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Please let me start by saying I stay here quite often with family in Somerset. We reserved a room for this evening. Upon coming back to our room this evening, we heard nothing screaming, yelling and noises like someone was trying to break through the second floor into our room. I called the front desk, and asked if they had any additional free rooms. I am TIRED and paid money to SLEEP. I was told there are THREE TEAMS staying here tonight. I explained ALL they had to do was tell me PRIOR to this evening and I would have stayed elsewhere or returned to Nashville, as I want SLEEP. They have an elderly lady on front desk duty who basically told me there was nothing she could do.

I PROMISE, this will be my LAST stay here!! If you can't control your environment, I REFUSE to pay to stay here. This is total CRAP!! It's 10:00PM and I won't get a wink of sleep. Thanks a LOT!!! Put a big MAN who will take care of business on the night shift!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Elaine C
I am so sorry that your stay with us was not what you expected.We did have a ball tournament in our town and most hotels had some teams in them so I'm sure if you went anywhere else you would have gotten the same response. The front desk can call the coaches and ask that they contact the kids to be more quite, however, I'm sure you are well aware that dealing with that many kids doesn't always work so it has nothing to do with having a big man at the desk. I hope you will give us another chance when you are in our area and see that,of course, it isn't always like what you and your family expercienced. if I can be of any assistance to you please feel free to contact me anytime. We do apperciate your business.
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

WE stayed at this County Inn & Suites September 19th & 20th. We had a large room with a king on the first floor. Very quiet and a nice view from our window. Nicely located at the end of the 'strip'. People were very friendly and knowledgeable and they gave us a tip sheet so that we were able to find our way around whether we wanted food or shopping.
Breakfast was very good. Cookies were even better in the evenings.

Our only complaint was the pillows.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank skrobert
Donna P, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Somerset, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your great response, we apperciate you taking time to give us your review.
We are very happy that you were satisfied with our hotel and of course our wonderful staff.
Looking forward to seeing you and your family on your return trip to our area!

Donna Price