“Great Stay!!”
Review of Motel 6 Somerset

Motel 6 Somerset
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The hotel is being renovated and my room was clean and comfortable - microwave and frig, desk and a small table. Sheets were bright white!! Check in process was easy and the clerk was pleasant. Free wifi with a strong signal was very appreciated. Breakfast was cereal, coffee, juice and there was a bakery box of donuts - I'm a huge Hardee's biscuit fan, so I didn't taste anything. I'd stay here again in a minute!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank squareheaddonna
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Somerset

Reviewed October 20, 2011

It's be renovated and they are doing a nice job. For 45.00 we got a clean freshly painted room. The mattress was okay - the recliner has seen better days. The shower was good and the bathroom very clean. They provide coffee in the morning only and breakfast was cereal or doughnuts. Overall we were pleased for what we paid. The staff does not understand english very well - but seemed nice enough. There was a cigarette burn in the sheets but we did not expect luxury and things were clean.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2011

No pool, forget the breakfast. Really big bed in a nice room. Quiet and clean. Restaurants and shopping right there. Carwash and laundry close by. Free internet. We stayed there two seperate times. Will probably be back.

Room Tip: Stay close to the office. The back section seemed to be weekly construction workers.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank paul j
Reviewed March 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for four nights when his mother was in the hospital. The lamp nor did one of the lamps. Yet since we were at the hospital all day and only came back to sleep. On our fourth night be booked another room for family coming down to attend the funeral of my mother in law who did pass away.

I went over and asked the manager if we could stay until 11:30 ~ 30 minutes after checkout ~ until time to go to the funeral. He told me "no". I tried to explain it was to go to a funeral and he said he had no one to clean our room as the maids had to leave by 11. So that morning, we loaded up and as we were backing the car out, at 11, the maid was just pulling her cleaning cart out of the storage building ~ she had not even started.

I felt the manager was uncaring and obviously a liar. When I complained to Knights Inn, I was told they would have the manager call me. There was nothing that cold man could say to us to help the situation at this point.

As we are planning a reunion with about 156 people coming, we have told every one to stay away from this dump. Lastly, you can have free WiFi IF you ask for the code, they don't even tell you when you check in even though it is something they advertise.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank QueenieLynne59
Reviewed August 1, 2009

Communication/service with Management difficult. Placed in smoking room when requested non smoking. Cigarette burns in blankets/comforters. Will not stay here again and wouldn't recommend to anyone else.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank arkansasone
Reviewed February 19, 2009

We went to this motel?, because our house had burned down. We were treated like so much trash upon arrival by the mgr/owner, he was of india decent. All he was worried about was getting his money, I told him we would be staying for at least a few days, I paid him one nights stay upon arrival telling him I would pay the next two days, maybe even a week the next day, this was about 4-5am in the morning, at 11am he was beating on our door demanding money or get out! The room we had was nothing but filth, dirty carpet, bathroom, walls, I stayed in better when I was in 'Nam. The maids? there were constantly hanging around out door, window, and vehicle, looked like a couple of "Drugs"R"Us" people. Needless to say we were soon out of there and living at Woodsen Bend Resort! Yes, they do rent some of they're condos from Nov.- May, and they are "fully" furnished! All you have to bring is yourself, your clothes, and food!, everything else is furnished, and it only cost us $600 a month! Stay away from this motel at all costs!

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank lamebear
Reviewed January 13, 2009

We wanted a cheap hotel to stay at so we weren't expecting a whole lot. We stayed the night and left right before checkout time. We went to get us some lunch only to realize we left a cell phone in the room. We drove directly back, only gone maybe 15 minutes. We called the cell phone it would ring. We would call it again, it rang once again. Called it again, and they turned it off. We only went from hotel to restaraunt so we know it was in the room. The maids swore they never saw it.........whatever. So watch out for personel items, they will never be returned!

• Stayed: April 2008