“Comfortable Room”

Best Western Somerset
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Room was very comfortable and staff was kind and helpful while we descended upon them for a large family wedding. Convenient location to stores and restaurants for all your travel needs. They were very accommodating for our group gatherings.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
vickie g, Manager at Best Western Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank You for your comment happy that you had a great time.Glad we could accomadate you on our need's.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I love the location. The staff that I have dealt with have been very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good with a nice variety. My fiance smokes so we always get the smoking rooms. The jacuzzi room with the king bed is spacious and very nice. The bed is a tad bit too soft for my old back but the jacuzzi does help with that. The TVs are large with a good picture except for the HBO channel...it has never been a good quality picture.
The one problem I do have with the motel is how locals are treated. My fiance lives 3 hours away and when he comes down, we like to have a night out on the town. (Having Ruby Tuesday nearby is a huge plus as well as Cracker Barrell for a late breakfast). We have spent quite a few nights at BW and although the staff are very nice, the policy of local folks reserving rooms just plain sucks.
Since my fiance doesn't get into town until late, I thought I would go ahead and reserve a room ahead of time. I was told that I would have to have a $100 CASH deposit!
I'm sure we will stay there again as I am a forgiving person and realize the desk people have to uphold policy and do their job.
I just want the management to know this policy is an insult and so far is the only drawback I have there.
Other than that? I highly recommend this motel :)

Room Tip: There are rooms with the actual bath and commode separate from the vanity...I usually request a room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
vickie g, Manager at Best Western Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Thank You for your comment I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.Hope you will come back again.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The front desk staff was very welcoming and accommodating. The room was very clean and updated. I felt safe while there and the bed was very comfy with lots of pillows. Some rooms do over-look a Lowe's and Wal-mart parking lot. I woke up to the sound of a street sweeper cleaning the W-Mart parking lot. The hotel does NOT have a hot tub as some pictures online show. Their hot tub is filled in and covered up. The pool is indoors, but it was too cold when I visited. The breakfast buffet was bland and basic. The coffee was not good and not much in the way of fresh breakfast selections. I would probably stay there again, but not plan on eating breakfast and would ask for a room that does not overlook Wal-Mart.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
vickie g, Manager at Best Western Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank You for your comment I'm so sorry for the hot tub issue we are getting the pics updated.I'm so sorry for the inconveince of the Lowe's sweeper,hope you will give us another try when your in town and we will for sure put you on the back side.I'm sorry for the breakfst.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We came for a dance competition. The first thing I noticed was how friendly and accommodating the staff was. We went to our room and it was not fancy but very clean. The next morning breakfast was way more than I anticipated. The staff was yet again super friendly. The lady overheard my friend and I talking about forgetting our snacks for competition and went and gave the girls a couple of muffins to take with them. I will definately be back and would recommend to others.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Jennifer S
vickie g, Manager at Best Western Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Thank You very much for your feed back we try really hard to keep our motel clean.We are so glad you had a good experience hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Cashed in a Best Western rewards night to stay here because I had a meeting in town the next day and my employer would not pay for this overnight stay.

The room was very clean and comfortable, with bright colors. It appears that the facility may have been recently remodeled. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave, a chair with footstool, and a desk.

Breakfast was good. They had biscuits and gravy, sausage and bacon, plus standard continental fare.

The location is great. The hotel is on US 27, the main drag of Somerset, with plenty of dining choices nearby. Golden Corral is across the street, Cracker Barrel is practically adjacent, and there are all sorts of other restaurants within a couple of miles. The Somerset Mall is to the south and a Walmart is just north, meaning shopping abounds in the vicinity.

My nitpicks:

* Poor water pressure in the shower, or at least not as strong as what I am used to at home and what I like, but I've had worse.

* Seemed to be a shortage of electrical outlets in the room, or perhaps they were poorly placed.

*Wi-fi was very slow. A download i was attempting timed out.

* The bed had an odd feel to it. The edges were very stiff and firm, but the middle of the bed was a bit soft and mushy, for lack of a better term. Too soft for my liking.

I didn't pay for this room, but rates appear to be reasonable. If staying in Somerset again, i would give serious consideration to staying here next time, despite the nitpicks.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank millenniumhwy
vickie g, Manager at Best Western Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank You for giving us your feed back we appreciate you staying with us we will try to forsee the problem's you had.Hope you will come back and give us another chance,

Vickie Gregory

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and I only stayed one night in this hotel, but I wish I could have stayed longer. This hotel was spotless and decorated beautifully. All the employees were extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. Sausage and biscuits are always a hit with my son. Both of my sons enjoyed the indoor pool and the flat screen TV. I will recommend this hotel to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank You for your comment about how clean and nice the room's were,we try very hard to please our guest.Hope to see you again soon.We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was greeted as soon as I walked in the front door. She (I think her name is Vikie) offered to go get me some milk to go with the cookies they offered. The room was very nice and comfortable as was the bed. That is still the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Even the pillows were firm,not soft and mushy like most hotel pillows. I did not eat the breakfast, but it smelled good. The attractivenessof the hotel,the comfort of the rooms,and the friendly staff makes this a very desirable place ot stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank You Randy for your comment we try really hard to keep up with all of our guest.We try very hard to go above and beyond to make sure all of guest our satisfied.Hope to see you again soon.