“smoke filled room”

Super 8 Somerset
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
“smoke filled room”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I got a non smoking room, and it stunk of smoke. There were cigar burns and stains all over the bed cover. The bed was horrible. My husband and I slept a total of may an hour each. I would never stay hear again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bridget D, Manager at Super 8 Somerset, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for your stay at the Somerset, KY Super 8, We are so sorry for any problems you may have experienced at your stay with us. We hope to see you again here at our Super 8.
Wishing a Super day.

Bridget Delincke (manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
hamiton
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Very Friendly staff all shift clean room and very good Breakfast Morning lady very nice and helpfu.l Had little trouble with waffles she helped me with that showed me how to use it.Even gentleman very pleasant brought me extra towels as i requested i would stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your stay at our Somerset Super 8 glad your enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again. Have a Super day.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This motel had good reviews, but they were wrong. As soon as I walked in the lobby, I knew I would've disappointed. I made a bad choice, the room stinks. The comforter and mattress is dirty, pillows are so flat and cheap. The furniture is old and the bathtub was dirty as well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Ebonie O
Wishing you a Super day.

Bridget Delincke (manager)

Travelers are raving about these Somerset hotels

Austin
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The motel is located on a fairly busy street. The front desk folks seemed professional.

My room was upstairs. It was a small room. The furniture in the room was blocking part of the entrance into the main part of the room. There were not enough electrical plugs in the room. I had to use the bathroom plugs. The sink area and bathroom were very small.

The heater did warm the room up fast. It was quiet in my room.

The bed was bad. It was lumpy hard springs. The sheets were so thin you could see through to the mattress pad that was too small and about 1/8 inch thick.

My room was non smoking but other people's smoke smell came into my room. Housekeeping could have done a much better job especially in the shower. Those black hairs on the wall of the shower were not mine.

Breakfast items were standard for the Super 8 chain. The hard-boiled eggs had to be rinsed off and the DIY waffle settings were under cooking them.

I have stayed at much cleaner and more comfortable Super 8s.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business