My husband and I traveled to Somerset KY recently for business. We are avid travelers and travel every week for business. We usually stay at Marriott properties, but since there are not any Marriott properties in the area, I decided to try Holiday Inn and join their Priority Club. The hotel is very clean and obviously new and well decorated. The only problems we encountered were the WIFI was non-existant and the wall thermostat in the room was non-functioning! We called the front desk Friday night regarding the WIFI and the girl dismissed it and stated "Its working fine and no one else has had an issue". We have a customer oriented business and if only one customer complains, it's and "issue"! Again Saturday night we could not connect nor Sunday morning. It is very important as we travel to have WIFI/Internet for email, purchasing etc. and I refuse to stay anywhere that charges for the service. When we checked out Sunday we again brought it to the front desk attendant's attention. Again, she said no one else has had an issue! When I told her that I indeed had called Friday night about it she said, "Well maybe it is your computer"! Very poor attitude. Other than that, it was a nice stay. Bed was very comfortable, pillows great and bathroom very clean. Standard "free" breakfast. I do agree that it is a bit over priced for a 2.5 star hotel, however.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let us welcome you to the brand new Holiday Inn Express & Suites of Somerset, KY. Our hotel is conveniently located right off of highway 27 between stoplights number 22 and 23. Our southern hospitality will make you feel warm and welcome whether visiting for business or leisure. Our beautiful facility offers a microwave/refrigerator, wired/wireless HSIA and the best night's sleep you have ever had in all of our guestrooms. Our Holiday Inn Express hotel is your home away from home. We offer a complimentary full hot breakfast bar daily for all guests at all rates featuring our world famous cinnamon rolls and fresh pancakes. A state of the art fitness center, business center, and a refreshing heated salt-water indoor pool are also available for your convenience. Our hotel will meet and exceed all of your expectations. Our Holiday Inn Express is well-equipped for your corporate and leisure travel. We are near; General Electric, Toytetsu Amerika (TTAI) & Somerset Foods. Additionally, we are convenient to Lake Cumberland State Park, Big South Fork Scenic Railway, Renfro Valley, and the Cumberland Falls. Our professional and friendly staff will welcome you to your home away from home. Once you stay with us, you will come back time and time again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Somerset Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Somerset Central
- Holiday Inn Express Somerset