“Good Food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed August 20, 2012

As many others before us, we stopped here after visiting nearby Mammoth Cave. Great place to go for BBQ and fried catfish. The restaurant is small and quiet (some music would help), but the place is spotless. The owners seem to know pretty well how to keep their customers happy. There weren't too many other customers when we were there, but it was an off hour. We did see several other tourists come through as well as a few locals. I had the fried catfish which was great. Light, flaky batter, not at all greasy. My husband had a pulled pork sandwich which was flavorful with a great, smoky taste, not too much sauce. If you're passing through, definitely stop here for a meal. Much more interesting than typical chain restaurants.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

If you are in Mammoth Cave, check out this local diner. No menus, but it's good home cookin'. I had the fried catfish and my boyfriend had a pork sandwich. It was reasonably priced and very good food. Good for a quick meal - but don't expect fresh veggies.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Not the experience i was expecting from the positive reviews. The atmosphere was uninviting, cold, neon lighting, no music, all the staff smoking (i like little family run places, they don't have to be fancy but this was just stark). The staff were friendly enough and if you asked them questions they chatted a little (the place was empty). I could have forgiven the atmosphere if the food had been great but it wasn't.
The coleslaw was bought in, the chips frozen (they told us that when we asked about the batter), the bbq pork (which was hiding on the menu in between burgers and biscuits) was dry but there home made sauce was good.
The food was cheap enough, but it just seemed like they were tired of the whole thing and passed caring. Shame really as it could be a little gold mine given it's locaton to the caves.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Good prices, interesting atmosphere ... and you never know who you might meet. Also the hound dog at the front door is a never tiring greeter ....

1  Thank TramsAndTrains
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I visit The Porky Pig Diner often, and I truly believe it is the best...I love the Catfish, Prime Rib and the smoked Boston Butt. I live in Bowling Green, but it is only 20 mins North on 31W turn left at Hwy. 422 for 2.9 miles. The food, Price & service is all great at the Diner.
I do not know the owners personally, but I do know the Home Cooking is the best KY has to offer. As a Honorable Kentucky Colonel I would not falsify or exaggerate this review.
So come on over to Pig, KY and enjoy what Porky Pig Diner has to offer, I am sure you will love it. ---- Colonel Raymond Hunton.

2  Thank ColonelRayH