Li'l Abner Motel
$61
$101
  • Breakfast included
$80
Comfort Inn and Suites(Mount Sterling)
$93
ComfortInn
$61
$129
ComfortInn
$143
$53
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstaff was very friendlynothing fancyred river gorgenatural bridgeclean roomsice machinerefrigerator and microwavegood sizeplace to staybeer storedry countyparking lotwater pressurebring your owneasy accesspooltelevision
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is older, quite plain, no amenities, except an outdoor pool, which is actually nice. If you are looking for bare-bones, economical, & close to Natural Bridge, this will do. Very small, one level, all rooms lead to parking directly in front of room, so it's easy access to your vehicle. Within walking distance to local shops.

Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank andi1990
Reviewed April 15, 2014

First of all I would like to say we were very happy with the hospitality of the owners when we arrived. They allowed us to check in a few hours early and were just super nice:)
Although the room was very clean, it could use some updating and maybe a couple more pillows (since there was only two on the bed) The bed was very firm and I am used to something a little bit softer, but we slept ok.
We did check out a day earlier and when we returned the key, the owners asked for our credit card so they could give us a refund, we didn't even have to ask:) Very friendly staff!
If you drink coffee, bring a pot because there was not a coffee pot in the room, however, there was a microwave and mini fridge.
Natural Bridge is a mile or so down the street and the Red River Gorge is a few miles away. There are a couple little shops and places to eat, but nothing that is familiar...

Room Tip: Maybe the back rooms are quieter but it is on a main road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Shannon T
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This motel was very clean. We had a 2-room suite in the newer section of the motel and had one couple in in one room and 3 guys in the other, with two of them on roll-outs, and had plenty of room. A great place to crash and shower for a few days of hiking. Nothing fancy but perfect for a hiking trip!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the newer (or re-modeled) section (room numbers in the 50's).
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank HikeOnColumbus
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were heading from NC to WI in late August and decided to meet some motorcycling friends in Slade, Ky for a night. They travel to this area every year on a ride and stay at this little motel. We were a bit skeptical but pleasently surprised. While this is an older motel, it was immaculate. Everything in working order and very homy. There was an entrance and an exit door to the rooms with parking on both sides. We were able to hang out under outside cover and play cards without being too close to be too noisy for other patrons. It was very close to the Natural Bridge and eating. While I might not wish to stay long term, this was exceptional for a night or two.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ggthor
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were driving north and needed a place to stay with our pet. My wife called this hotel and was told a room with kitchenette or cottage with kitchenette was $80 and $120 including our pet.
She gave the phone to me and he explained the rooms, then told me the pet was $10 extra. I declined the extra, since the dog sleeps in his cage and I really object to paying extra when I don't believe the hotels do any extra cleaning. The manager waived the fee when I said I will look elsewhere.
When we got there a lady was at the desk and upon noticing there were rooms without kitchenettes that were cheaper I told here I didn't need it. She told me she didn't know why we were only told of the more expensive rooms, but did not offer to change it to meet our needs.
Seems like they wanted to stick us with the most expensive rooms, since we only saw five cars in the place with many empty rooms.
The hotel was clean, but dated as noted by others. I would not recommend room #1 as it has windows on three sides and lights outside of each making the room bright. There is also an ice machine outside that isn't the quietest thing around.
The Natural bridge resort lodge is about the same price and has much more to offer. We did not stay there because they have a $25 fee for pets and have rooms reserved specifically for them - another questionable practice that seems to gouge the pet owner. When we went to the lodge to eat we noticed "no pet" signs in the parking lot and at the entrance to the lodge - how do they accommodate pets if they are not allowed????

Room Tip: Ask about all room rates if calling, avoid room #1
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family