“Best pizza anywhere !”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We get one every time down there . Special pizza. Ever one individually made. Sitting right there in the Gorge. You might read a negative review of two but trust me ----- MIGUELS IS THR BEST!

There are newer reviews for Miguel's Pizza & Rock Climbing

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Husband & I stopped here because of all the hype and recommendations as having the best pizza. Obviously these people have not had decent pizza. The interior is extremely dark, old, dank and dirty. You sit at tables either alone or with other families. We ordered a small 8 piece Hawaiian pizza. The ham was ok, but pineapples were just dumped on from a can. Sauce was nonexistent but there was a lot of cheese. The place looks like it's run by young people and if their personal hygiene is any indication of cleanliness and sanitation of food service area, stay away. You're better off driving into town and ordering from a retail pizza chain. Couldn't find the bathrooms. Not sure they existed.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Pros: The pizza was very good, especially after spending two days backpacking in Red River Gorge, eating nothing but dehydrated food and trail mix. They also had Ale-8-One, which we love. And we liked that there was so much outdoor seating (neccessary because the inside is tiny).
Cons: Service was not great. They gave us our bottles of Ale-8-One without opening them. We assumed the caps were twist-offs, but they weren't and my husband had to push through the crowd to go back to the counter to get them to open them. I'm sure it was just because we were tired and sore after so much dang walking, but it just rubbed us the wrong way. Then they got our order wrong - we ordered pizza with bacon and ham, and we received bacon and pepperoni. I'm not sure how they got that wrong, since we filled out our order sheet very clearly. I hate pepperoni but was famished after our backpacking trip and didn't want to wait any longer to eat, so I picked it off. Then we had pizza left over and asked for a to-go box, and they gave us three pieces of foil. Not exactly ideal for our car ride back to Louisville.
We would eat here again, but maybe BEFORE a future backpacking trip, when we're less likely to be testy about their service.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Small, local pizza place where young people camp in the field behind the restaurant during their hiking/climbing adventures. Nothing fancy but a definite "must see" to enjoy the local flavor.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

I have been to Miguel's Pizza a few times over the last few years. It is a great spot to stop for lunch or dinner after a day of outdoor activities. I love that they have a great selection of pizza toppings including local items. If you are a vegetarian, you have many excellent veggie options! The atmosphere is great and the people who frequent this restaurant are friendly and adventurous. I can't wait to go back!

Been to Miguel's Pizza & Rock Climbing? Share your experiences!