“A must visit in the Red River Gorge”

Miguel's Pizza & Rock Climbing
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Slade
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
“A must visit in the Red River Gorge”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

You can't visit the area without eating at Miguels. The pizza is quite good and I love that you can order by the slice- good value. This place is always busy and full of clImbers. They do run out of staples a lot on busy weekends. Wish they had beer!

Noblesville, IN
“Awesome pizza near Natural Bridge State Park”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

While planning our trip to the Natural Bridge/Red River Gorge area, I saw positive reviews out on Trip Advisor for Miguel's Pizza. While checking into our motel (Li'l Abners--another Trip Advisor find!), we asked for restaurant recommendations in the area and they suggested Miguel's as well. They said the restaurant would be packed with campers/rock climbers and suggested that we call ahead and place a carry-out order. That proved to be a good suggestion because there were people lined up outside just to get in and place their orders. We played a round of mini golf at the Natural Bridge State Park and then picked up our pizza on the way back to the motel. My husband and I ordered our favorite combination of toppings--pepperoni, sausage, and mushrooms. Delicious!!! The crust was thin and light, they didn't go heavy on the sauce, and just the right amount of toppings. We ordered a large, which gave us enough for two meals. If you're in the Natural Bridge area, you should definitely give Miguel's a try!

• Visited October 2012
Nanuet, New York
“Fills you up, but not great”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The only crust option is gluten free, and gluten makes it possible for dough to stretch out when it's tossed, like they do in the NYC area. The crust doesn't brown up enough, and lacks taste. The toppings were good, though. Seems to fill up the climber crowd that can't get enough of it, but I may have become a pizza snob and should avoid ordering the stuff when I'm out of my home area.

• Visited October 2012
Berea, Kentucky
“What a fabulous place to stop by for a lunch”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Miguel's pizza! What a fabulous place to stop by for a lunch or dinner with family or friends after a memorable tour at the Natural Bridge. With a strategic and welcoming setting, Miguel's pizza offers one of the delicious pizza. The taste in a lifetime. After being there with family, I did not hesitate to stop by with my classmate on a field trip for the second time. From their meat to their vegetarian selection, you will taste an incredible secret of pizza making. At my first stop I tasted their chicken pizza, and believe me, it was amazing!!!! During my second stop, I unhesitatingly mixed chicken, pineapple and broccoli. I still have the juicy and succulent taste on my tongue.

You might probably think that I am exaggerating but believe me, one must experience the pizza in order to believe my recommendation. Next time you are in Kentucky, make sure are hungry, drop into Wolfe County and go nowhere else but Miguel's Pizza. You will confirm what I experienced.

• Visited July 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely part of the experience!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Ate breakfast and supper there during our visit to the area. Food was FANTASTIC! Very cool place to eat!

Been to Miguel's Pizza & Rock Climbing? Share your experiences!