“Words cannot describe...”

Natural Bridge State Resort Park
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Slade
More attraction details
Owner description: Features a great natural sandstone arch that stands over the mountain.
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Breath-taking. Awe-inspiring. Unmatched beauty. These words only scratch the surface in an attempt to describe the landscape at Natural Bridge State Park. I was fortunate to have the opportunity to rock climb and hike here, and in both experiences I was surrounded by lofty mountains and endless greenery. The hikes in particular were characterized by diverse foliage, exhilarating uphill climbs, and many different trails from which to choose. I personally traveled up “The Original Trail” to Natural Bridge and descended via “The Balancing Rock”, and I would without a doubt hike both of them again given the chance. I am already making plans to revisit this state park for the scenery and the exercise, and I cannot recommend this park enough to anyone with an adventurous spirit or simply a love for the outdoors. A word of caution, though – your first visit here will not be your last.

1  Thank Monica P
"beautiful area"
in 13 reviews
"balanced rock"
in 13 reviews
"beautiful place to visit"
in 8 reviews
"chair lift"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We only had a few hours to spend in the area so we opted to take the Sky Lift instead of hiking up to the natural bridge. I wish we would have had more time to hike more of the trails. We were able to walk across the top of the bridge and then down under it as well. Beautiful view from the top. The sky lift was enjoyable as well. It costs $11.00 per person round trip. Might be a bit scary if you don't like heights, but it is a great option if you don't have much time to hike, or are unable to do much walking/hiking. We didn't have time to do any of the other trails. We did not stay at the lodge. I didn't notice a restroom up at the top of the sky lift, so I would recommend going at the restroom near the parking lot.

1  Thank Lynn W
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Natural Bridge is a beautiful setting with an even more beautiful view of the surrounding valleys. The hike to the Natural Bridge is made for several different types of adventurers. It has paths for those who want an easy hike, paths for those who want a more challenging hike, and many detours for those who want a more creative hike. This hiking experience was very enjoyable and I would love to go back sometime. The staff in the main building were very friendly to us and made sure that their building was very clean and organized on the inside. I highly recommend going to Natural Bridge.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

What an extraordinary and breathtaking view from the Natural Bridge! I and a group of friends had a wonderful experience there. After rock climbing for about 4 hours at the Torrent Falls Climbing Adventure, we went to explore the Natural Bridge. While on the trails I was captivated by the biodiversity in that ecosystem. The diversity of plants and trees fascinated me. When on Natural Bridge I was astonished by the gorgeous view. It was so peaceful and relaxing to sit there and enjoy the magnificent sight.

At the Natural Bridge State Resort Park, the staff members were exceptionally welcoming and friendly. The brochures and the maps were helpful in identifying the trials, the difficulty and the length of the trials.

What a great adventure!