“Fair price for clean stay”

Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Chicago
“Fair price for clean stay”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I was in Louisville over the weekend and decided to stay here because it was cheaper than my normal hotel in the area.

I made the reservations online with special requests (3rd floor, extra pillows, feather free). All of the requests were met. Given the fact that I have allergies to feathers, I was REALLY happy about this.

Overall, I was pleased with my stay. Check in was truly the fastest I've ever had. Less than five minutes of arriving, I was on my way to my room and I did arrive about 15 minutes prior to check in time. The rooms were modern, though the color scheme was a bit loud (lime green, orange, navy). The beds were UNBELIEVABLY comfortable! A lot of times when you stay at hotels the mattresses are in need of replacing but not here. Firm, comfy, truly a good night's sleep. Our room also had a microwave and mini fridge which was another surprise. I was under the impression when I made the reservation those items were not included. The shower had amazing water pressure with plenty of hot water.

My only real complaint was the noise level was a bit much at time. Granted, it's not the hotel's fault if visitor's don't discipline their children from running down halls, but the constant slamming of doors could be heard pretty much all night.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Allen, Kentucky
Reviewed January 18, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions but this is the first time we have stayed as a group booking. The hotel was in it's usual exceptional clean accomidations in all 10 rooms we booked however the staff was not prepared for our arrival even though we had booked ahead of time. They did not have our rooms properly inputted in their system therefore we were scattered from the first floor to the third floor and had to take king rooms with pull outs instead of double queen rooms as was booked. It made for uncomfortable sleeping arrangements for our group. Then there was the billing which was completely messed up and took over an hour to get straight. I am still waiting to see if my credit card was charged properly. My suggestion to anyone that is booking a group, call ahead and make sure that they have your reservations correct before you arrive. Over all the hotel is fantastic. Will continue to stay there when ever the need arises but if we ever book another group, I will call in advance to double check that the reservations are in order. Management needs to work with the staff to get them to realize that customer service is what it's all about. We have stayed at several different chains and this was the worst booking experience we have had with our group. I personally choose Marriott brand because of their quality of hotels and was dissapointed that they could not handle the arrangements of a booking of 10 rooms.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BasketballFan42
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed December 23, 2011

I would recommend this hotel for any traveller seeking a nice, clean, modern, room. I have recently had a King room and a two double beds room. Specically, the furninshings are modern inlcuding the large flat screen television. Everything in the rooms was clean on both trips. The design is very modern. The staff was very pleasant. Everything in the hotel appeared to either be new or very well kept. The free breakfast was minimal but above average for this level of hotel. Also appealing is the hotel area. There are restaurant choices such as Cracker Barrell, and Tumbleweed within walking distance. The surroundings appear safe and convienent . Other businesses include a gas, Food Mart and a Mcdonald's. Access off I 65 is simple. I will be staying here again on next trip to the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank J C
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 17, 2011

No complaints at all! Very easy to find. Immaculate! Sink is outside the bathroom. Beds are heavenly! We went to the Tumbleweed that was right there. Can't think of a better place to stay on a long trip from Wisconsin to Clearwater Beach. Shall return! Parked right near the entrance with a car full of stuff and it was still there in the morning. Can't ask for more!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ILOVEFL3103
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My room at this property was much better than what I got for the same Marriott Rewards points in East Louisville. This room was bigger and had a small refrigerator and microwave, which apparently is not standard at all properties. Some confusion at breakfast since not all items are free and the prices are not posted. The woman that stocked the breakfast items was rather condescending when explaining the free breakfast was limited to "continental breakfast", especially since it wasn't really that.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dover, DE
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was impressed on all aspects of this hotel. Friendly service, clean sparkling rooms. Everything worked in the room like it's suppose to. There is nothing to complain about. Two fast food restaurants (Burger King and McDonalds) very close by. Also Cracker Barrel and Tumbleweed (Tex/Mex) restaurants, if you wanted a sit down type of restaurant, are also close by. Two gas stations/quickie marts to fuel up are also near. Property is on a dead end road so it's quiet with plenty of parking. If you are in this area and need a place to stop for the night, this is the place. I spent two nights there. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dublin, Ohio
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Hotel staff at check-in was friendly and helpful. We had made reservations here on our way to Nashville for a business trip. The room was comfortable and had a microwave and mini fridge. the bed was very comfortable and liked the flat screen TV.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter.