“Good location”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Belleville, Michigan
“Good location”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We are traveling to Tennessee and this was a good location to stop. Room was a little musty, might need move ventilation, as it was a jacuzzi room. Very clean and the staff is great. We travel to TN often and may stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Jackson, Mi
Reviewed November 13, 2013

was good clean place to stay (as I expected for Best Western), good breakfast, friendly staffWas good clean place to stay (as I expected for Best Western), good breakfast, friendly staf. NoNo problem with hiway

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
olivet, United States
Reviewed November 2, 2013

like the rooms. seem to be always clean they always seem easy to get to ..help is always nice people..seem to always have a great breakfus coffee decaf if a person leave hungry its there own falt..anyhow have not been to a dirty best western..don't have to see a room to see if there clean

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This hotel was noisy ! Close to the highway. Not very clean ! They were having a FFA convention and the people were so noisy could get a good night sleep! Complained and the staff didn't care and didnt even offer a apology ! Will not stay there again! Beds were so hard and the room smelled stale

• Stayed October 2013
Doug S, General Manager at Best Western Shepherdsville, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
would like to personally apologize for the problems you experienced during the Future Farmers Of America National Convention in October. Our hotel was a contracted site for the FFA, and the Greater Louisville Covention Bureau, and as a result accommodated over one hundred young people during the event. As with any large group, especially those involving teenagers, noise can become a problem and difficult to control. In a small hotel such as this, with limited staff, it is very difficult for desk personnel to control activity with numerous kids and uninvolved chapperones. I further apologize if my staff seemed unconcerned. Our overall guest experience scores during this event have been overwhelmingly positive, so I am surprised and saddened that we did not meet your expectations. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and your comments will be utilized to improve our hotel as we move forward.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our group made arrangements to stay with this hotel for the state marching band finals. I had called many different facilities before getting to this one. This was the only one who was willing to work within our price budget and time constraints. The manager Doug went over and beyond his duty when it came to our arrangements. The staff was well prepared for our arrival of 60 plus. The rooms were clean, fresh, well stocked and all promised amenities were provided. The hot breakfast was pleasant and the over all presentation was almost as good as a sit down restaurant. I would definitely stay at this establishment again for both personal or business occasions.

• Stayed October 2013
BAKER
Reviewed October 26, 2013

we stayed at this hotel 9/27/13-9/28/13. we booked at this hotel because it was listed as a PLUS. there is nothing plus about this hotel. The girl in the office didn't have any knowledge of the area . we booked here because it said breakfast was at Denneys which it wasn't. The room had a musty odor and the bathroom was dirty and we killed 2 live spiders. To get to the office or to the breakfast area, we had to walk down this long hall which wreaked of cigarette smoke. I don't know if this is a hotel for dogs but while sitting outside the back door a man brought in his large dog to his room and then left. I don't believe I'll stay at BEST WESTERN anymore because the ads are not truthful and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Doug S, General Manager at Best Western Shepherdsville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to bring your issues to my attention. There is no question that our hotel did not live up to the guaranteed satisfaction that we strive for. On behalf of myself and my staff, we apologize. Since you stayed during the same day as the prior complaint, I want to reiterate to you that as of November 15, 2013, this property will be 100% non-smoking hotel. Reviews such as this, and the seriousness that we take them, has been the deciding factor.
I am hoping that through this move, and through strict enforcement, this problem will properly stopped. I want to further assure you that this hotel has a monthly pest control contract per State regulations, and is fully treated and inspected every 30 days. We make every attempt to eliminate any insects, but no treatment can fully guarantee 100% eradication.
Denny's breakfast was removed by Best Western in August, and we are making every attempt to eliminate this advertising from all websites. To our knowledge, no such verbiage still exists.
I want you to know that we stand by our product and its quality and want to keep you as a loyal Best Western guest. In that spirit, we have given you a full refund on the cost of your room as our apology.
Marrero, Louisiana
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I do not know how this hotel became listed as a "plus" hotel. I have stayed at "plus" hotel and this one was nothing like the others. The rooms did not feel clean - we had a non-smoking room and had to walk out of the non-smoking area down a very long hall through the smoking area to get to the lobby. The hall wreaked of smoke - it was disgusting. The hotel advertised that breakfast was at Denny's - when we got there it was in a room at the hotel. We asked the desk clerk where a certain restaurant was and she could not tell us - come to find out it was right across the interstate - she was not familiar with the area. We would not stay there again nor would I recommend it to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Doug S, General Manager at Best Western Shepherdsville, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the problems you had at our hotel during your recent stay. The smoking room issues you raise have brought a serious problem to light at our property, and due to reviews such as this one, as of November 15, 2013, the Best Western Plus South will become a 100% smoking facility. This move will effectively end problems such as the one stated in this review, and will further ensure the continued health and safety of our guests. In the past, smokers still comprised a large part of our occupancy. In a spirit of fairness toward all concerned, we attempted to keep some rooms available for smokers. Unfortunately, as we have learned, confining cigarette smoke to specific areas is impossible. Therefore, ownership has decided to end smoking on this property.
We take reviews seriously, and strive to fix problems as they arise and to protect our valued guests. I have forwarded an email to this guest, to please contact me for a full refund of their stay with us.
To our knowledge, all references regarding “free breakfast at Denny's” have been removed from our websites. I apologize that this service is no longer available. Per Best Western policy, this service ended on August 1. Best Western has no affiliation with the Denny's restaurant. We now serve a full hot deluxe breakfast on property, and so far it has been received almost entirely positive.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South
Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Brooks

Been to Best Western Shepherdsville? Share your experiences!