“Outstanding Customer Service”

Best Western Shepherdsville
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
“Outstanding Customer Service”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our group made arrangements to stay with this hotel for the state marching band finals. I had called many different facilities before getting to this one. This was the only one who was willing to work within our price budget and time constraints. The manager Doug went over and beyond his duty when it came to our arrangements. The staff was well prepared for our arrival of 60 plus. The rooms were clean, fresh, well stocked and all promised amenities were provided. The hot breakfast was pleasant and the over all presentation was almost as good as a sit down restaurant. I would definitely stay at this establishment again for both personal or business occasions.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
BAKER
Reviewed October 26, 2013

we stayed at this hotel 9/27/13-9/28/13. we booked at this hotel because it was listed as a PLUS. there is nothing plus about this hotel. The girl in the office didn't have any knowledge of the area . we booked here because it said breakfast was at Denneys which it wasn't. The room had a musty odor and the bathroom was dirty and we killed 2 live spiders. To get to the office or to the breakfast area, we had to walk down this long hall which wreaked of cigarette smoke. I don't know if this is a hotel for dogs but while sitting outside the back door a man brought in his large dog to his room and then left. I don't believe I'll stay at BEST WESTERN anymore because the ads are not truthful and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Doug S, General Manager at Best Western Shepherdsville, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to bring your issues to my attention. There is no question that our hotel did not live up to the guaranteed satisfaction that we strive for. On behalf of myself and my staff, we apologize. Since you stayed during the same day as the prior complaint, I want to reiterate to you that as of November 15, 2013, this property will be 100% non-smoking hotel. Reviews such as this, and the seriousness that we take them, has been the deciding factor.
I am hoping that through this move, and through strict enforcement, this problem will properly stopped. I want to further assure you that this hotel has a monthly pest control contract per State regulations, and is fully treated and inspected every 30 days. We make every attempt to eliminate any insects, but no treatment can fully guarantee 100% eradication.
Denny's breakfast was removed by Best Western in August, and we are making every attempt to eliminate this advertising from all websites. To our knowledge, no such verbiage still exists.
I want you to know that we stand by our product and its quality and want to keep you as a loyal Best Western guest. In that spirit, we have given you a full refund on the cost of your room as our apology.
Marrero, Louisiana
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I do not know how this hotel became listed as a "plus" hotel. I have stayed at "plus" hotel and this one was nothing like the others. The rooms did not feel clean - we had a non-smoking room and had to walk out of the non-smoking area down a very long hall through the smoking area to get to the lobby. The hall wreaked of smoke - it was disgusting. The hotel advertised that breakfast was at Denny's - when we got there it was in a room at the hotel. We asked the desk clerk where a certain restaurant was and she could not tell us - come to find out it was right across the interstate - she was not familiar with the area. We would not stay there again nor would I recommend it to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Doug S, General Manager at Best Western Shepherdsville, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the problems you had at our hotel during your recent stay. The smoking room issues you raise have brought a serious problem to light at our property, and due to reviews such as this one, as of November 15, 2013, the Best Western Plus South will become a 100% smoking facility. This move will effectively end problems such as the one stated in this review, and will further ensure the continued health and safety of our guests. In the past, smokers still comprised a large part of our occupancy. In a spirit of fairness toward all concerned, we attempted to keep some rooms available for smokers. Unfortunately, as we have learned, confining cigarette smoke to specific areas is impossible. Therefore, ownership has decided to end smoking on this property.
We take reviews seriously, and strive to fix problems as they arise and to protect our valued guests. I have forwarded an email to this guest, to please contact me for a full refund of their stay with us.
To our knowledge, all references regarding “free breakfast at Denny's” have been removed from our websites. I apologize that this service is no longer available. Per Best Western policy, this service ended on August 1. Best Western has no affiliation with the Denny's restaurant. We now serve a full hot deluxe breakfast on property, and so far it has been received almost entirely positive.
Indianapolis, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel was good bargain to book inline, but two of our four rooms were musty smelling and had to go to 2 new rooms to find on that wasn't smelly. Faucet in one room poured water from underneath it. Beds were comfy. Staff was nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. When we arrived and went to our room we discovered that we did not have a Microwave and refrigerator which when I made the reservations I was told our room would have these items. I called the front desk and was told I could change rooms or they would get us these items the next day which they did. Room was cleaned and our bed was changed every other day. Room was a good size with flat screen TV. Hotel had a small lounge area. Lounge have special between 4 and 6 pm. The breakfast was standard for hotels. However the food could have been warmer and could have been kept better stocked. They have just open the breakfast room so maybe they will get better as they go along. The carpets in the rooms and hallways really should be cleaned. Making a left hand turn from this hotel is a bit tricky. If we were in the area again we would stay here again

Room Tip: Room in back of hotel are quieter
Glendale Heights, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Large, comfortable rooms. Breakfast was good. Rooms are supposed to come with a refrigerator and Microwave, but you might have to ask for them as we did. This hotel was at about the halfway mark in our projected vacation stops (1 hour from most attractions in Kentucky) which is why we chose it, We were happycwith our choice. It also was easy-on and easy-off the highway.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Doug S, General Manager at Best Western Shepherdsville, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thanks for your kind comments regarding our property. Several of our valued guest's have mentioned the lack of refrigerators and microwaves in certain rooms, so your comments are well founded. I would like you to know, and all our guests, that we are working very hard to rectify this problem. The ownership of this property is committed to a great product, and we want to perform beyond brand standards and brand compliance. We are steadily purchasing these for every room in the house and hope to have this project completed shortly.. Please bear with us as we move through the current economy and perform this, and numerous other upgrades, as quickly as budgets allow. I promise, when we are done, you will love it.
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had a 1 night stay at Best Western Plus South which is just off the interstate south of Louisville. Both of our rooms were clean and nice. The hallway is dark and dingy, however. The housekeeping staff and front desk staff were great. Very nice and helpful. Couldn't figure out the kitchen staff and the lady didn't believe me when I alerted her to an empty coffee pot, until the next person told her about the empty coffee pot, then she went to get some more brewed....it came out a few minutes later and was about as weak as could be. The parking lot fills up with truckers and one even blocked access to parking spots at the end of the building when we returned from dinner. Great convenient location for just off the freeway overnight stays. Close to airport without being right underneath the flight pattern. Internet was non-existent...up one minute completely gone the next and next and next. We finally gave up on internet access.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Doug S, General Manager at Best Western Shepherdsville, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to share your valuable comments. I would like to personally apologize for the items in your review that you found unsatisfactory such as the internet and inadequate hallway lighting. This is our first negative comment regarding the hallways, and I will certainly address this issue with ownership to see if upping the brightness of bulbs is warranted. Although we showed no report of internet outage on the date of your stay, many times the problem involves specific laptops, and their inability to lock onto our IP address., We do have a 24 hour support network that helps guests to troubleshoot problems. I always encourage guests to immediatly report problems to the front desk. Once we know of an issue we will move promptly to solve it. Regarding your comments about the breakfast and the lack of coffee, I have personal knowledge of that situatiuon as I beleive " I " was the one who alerted the breakfast hostess to an empty coffee pot. Because of your comments, our training has improved. Comments from guests such as yourself, truly make a difference. Please come see us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South
Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 4 in Brooks

Been to Best Western Shepherdsville? Share your experiences!