“not a plus hotel”

Best Western Shepherdsville
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I do not know how this hotel became listed as a "plus" hotel. I have stayed at "plus" hotel and this one was nothing like the others. The rooms did not feel clean - we had a non-smoking room and had to walk out of the non-smoking area down a very long hall through the smoking area to get to the lobby. The hall wreaked of smoke - it was disgusting. The hotel advertised that breakfast was at Denny's - when we got there it was in a room at the hotel. We asked the desk clerk where a certain restaurant was and she could not tell us - come to find out it was right across the interstate - she was not familiar with the area. We would not stay there again nor would I recommend it to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: stay at another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Doug S, General Manager at Best Western Shepherdsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the problems you had at our hotel during your recent stay. The smoking room issues you raise have brought a serious problem to light at our property, and due to reviews such as this one, as of November 15, 2013, the Best Western Plus South will become a 100% smoking facility. This move will effectively end problems such as the one stated in this review, and will further ensure the continued health and safety of our guests. In the past, smokers still comprised a large part of our occupancy. In a spirit of fairness toward all concerned, we attempted to keep some rooms available for smokers. Unfortunately, as we have learned, confining cigarette smoke to specific areas is impossible. Therefore, ownership has decided to end smoking on this property.
We take reviews seriously, and strive to fix problems as they arise and to protect our valued guests. I have forwarded an email to this guest, to please contact me for a full refund of their stay with us.
To our knowledge, all references regarding “free breakfast at Denny's” have been removed from our websites. I apologize that this service is no longer available. Per Best Western policy, this service ended on August 1. Best Western has no affiliation with the Denny's restaurant. We now serve a full hot deluxe breakfast on property, and so far it has been received almost entirely positive.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel was good bargain to book inline, but two of our four rooms were musty smelling and had to go to 2 new rooms to find on that wasn't smelly. Faucet in one room poured water from underneath it. Beds were comfy. Staff was nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights. Hotel staff was very helpful and friendly. When we arrived and went to our room we discovered that we did not have a Microwave and refrigerator which when I made the reservations I was told our room would have these items. I called the front desk and was told I could change rooms or they would get us these items the next day which they did. Room was cleaned and our bed was changed every other day. Room was a good size with flat screen TV. Hotel had a small lounge area. Lounge have special between 4 and 6 pm. The breakfast was standard for hotels. However the food could have been warmer and could have been kept better stocked. They have just open the breakfast room so maybe they will get better as they go along. The carpets in the rooms and hallways really should be cleaned. Making a left hand turn from this hotel is a bit tricky. If we were in the area again we would stay here again

Room Tip: Room in back of hotel are quieter
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Large, comfortable rooms. Breakfast was good. Rooms are supposed to come with a refrigerator and Microwave, but you might have to ask for them as we did. This hotel was at about the halfway mark in our projected vacation stops (1 hour from most attractions in Kentucky) which is why we chose it, We were happycwith our choice. It also was easy-on and easy-off the highway.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Doug S, General Manager at Best Western Shepherdsville, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thanks for your kind comments regarding our property. Several of our valued guest's have mentioned the lack of refrigerators and microwaves in certain rooms, so your comments are well founded. I would like you to know, and all our guests, that we are working very hard to rectify this problem. The ownership of this property is committed to a great product, and we want to perform beyond brand standards and brand compliance. We are steadily purchasing these for every room in the house and hope to have this project completed shortly.. Please bear with us as we move through the current economy and perform this, and numerous other upgrades, as quickly as budgets allow. I promise, when we are done, you will love it.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had a 1 night stay at Best Western Plus South which is just off the interstate south of Louisville. Both of our rooms were clean and nice. The hallway is dark and dingy, however. The housekeeping staff and front desk staff were great. Very nice and helpful. Couldn't figure out the kitchen staff and the lady didn't believe me when I alerted her to an empty coffee pot, until the next person told her about the empty coffee pot, then she went to get some more brewed....it came out a few minutes later and was about as weak as could be. The parking lot fills up with truckers and one even blocked access to parking spots at the end of the building when we returned from dinner. Great convenient location for just off the freeway overnight stays. Close to airport without being right underneath the flight pattern. Internet was non-existent...up one minute completely gone the next and next and next. We finally gave up on internet access.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Doug S, General Manager at Best Western Shepherdsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to share your valuable comments. I would like to personally apologize for the items in your review that you found unsatisfactory such as the internet and inadequate hallway lighting. This is our first negative comment regarding the hallways, and I will certainly address this issue with ownership to see if upping the brightness of bulbs is warranted. Although we showed no report of internet outage on the date of your stay, many times the problem involves specific laptops, and their inability to lock onto our IP address., We do have a 24 hour support network that helps guests to troubleshoot problems. I always encourage guests to immediatly report problems to the front desk. Once we know of an issue we will move promptly to solve it. Regarding your comments about the breakfast and the lack of coffee, I have personal knowledge of that situatiuon as I beleive " I " was the one who alerted the breakfast hostess to an empty coffee pot. Because of your comments, our training has improved. Comments from guests such as yourself, truly make a difference. Please come see us again.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Room had water damage, stains on the overhead. Carpet was dirty, smelled musty. Shower can go cold when others use the water. Wifi was weak to nonexistent in room 120. Staff made up for most of the discomfort. Manager was friendly listened to my complaints said they would have to work on the problems gave us a 50% discount No. Breakfast staff was great, chatted about our kids food was tasty and hot, serving area clean and well maintained.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been on the road for 5 days.I staied at 5 different hotel one other Best Western.But this one was great.The people that works there should be training all the other hotel on how to be as nice and helpiful and to run a hotel.This hotel was so clean the house keeping team were so nice and help.It looks to me that they are working together to keep this hotel clean and very nice to stay in.The lady at the desk that I talked to were very nice and helpiful.It was like I was talking to family.I will not forget the lady that stay up to cook the breakfast you get there.They were also very helpiful and nice, plus they cook very good too.every time I travel that was I will try to stay there on the way there or the way back.Or both.I want to say THANK YOU AND MY GOD BLESS YOU ALL.MY THE ANGELS BE WITH YOU! APRIL MARKOV PUTNAM

Room Tip: Go too the best western in Shepherdsville, ky phone number 502 543 7097 211 s lakeview drive
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
#1 of 8 in Bardstown
Wingfield Inn & Suites
Wingfield Inn & Suites
#2 of 18 in Elizabethtown

Been to Best Western Shepherdsville? Share your experiences!