“Bad management. They will not return phone calls”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hillview
Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
“Bad management. They will not return phone calls”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The stay was ok. My wife has been trying to contact someone about some items that were left in the room. Was told they had them put back and would send them to us. They will not return her phone calls. They said they sent out an email which was never received. Now the guest relations manager tells us they can't make them contact a guest if they choose not to. We've been given the run around since we left. Won't be staying there anymore.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank jahawk
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hillview, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear jahawk,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am truly sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Krysllin G
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The room was ok. We stayed a weekend for an event I was a part of. We purchased our 4 year old a doll at Cracker Barrell the last night there. When we got home from our trip, we realized her new doll was gone. I called the hotel and spoke with Maribella. She told me to leave her manager a voicemail with my info and they had the doll and 2 of our beach towels. I have tried getting in touch with management multiple times via phone and email and no response. Very disappointed in how they have handled it.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Angelica H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hillview, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Angelica H,

Connie D
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Shepherdsville hotels

Montgomery
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Like most HI properties this is a very nice motel. A little noisy from the kids staying there that evening. but once it became late the place was quiet. A little pricy, but otherwise a good motel. Recommend rooms on the east side or east wing of the motel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night and it was ok. The front desk lady (Marina or something like that.) was very professional, cheery, and helpful. Had a great smile that made me look forward to my stay. But when I got to my room it was far from perfect. There was dirt on the Ac and the carpet did not looked vacuumed. The room itself was nice enough, but I don't know the carpet killed it for me. When I called the lady she quickly responded and vacuumed and cleaned for me that made me happy.
Breakfast was also nice, tv had the news, cinnamon rolls, and bananas, plus great coffee. I was certainly pleased on my way out. Check out was quick and easy. That lady was also pleasant.
I guess what i'm saying is the service and accommodation are great but the need help in housekeeping.

Room Tip: Call ahead to be put away from interstate or mark in comments upon making reservation.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travelgypse
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hillview, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Travelgypse,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback and I am particularly appreciative about our front desk staff. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and are happy doing so. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the housekeeping services may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you again for your review and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Janice A
Louisville, KY
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed in a group during a gun shot-out. Rooms are great and looks like new. Breakfast was really good. The location is good, just a couple short turns off of Interstate 65 (exit 121) and the rates were better than what we found in nearby hotels. Lady at front desk helped out on restaurant selections for evenings.

Room Tip: Stay on top floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Louisville
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed here for a night with some family members while they spent a weekend. The location is pretty good, just a couple short turns off of Interstate 65 and the rates were better than what we found downtown in nearby Louisville. The pool is OK but was a bit on the noisy side.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
dekalb, il
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice stay here. Clean rooms and bathrooms. Pool was warm for the kids.. Room was cold when we entered but warmed up quickly.. Breakfast was god.. the automatic pancake maker served crepe thin rubbery pancakes.. But biscuits n gravy were just right, fruit loops for kids, cinnamon roll for spouse, everyone was happy :) coffee good too..

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank shell2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Brooks
Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Best Western Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#2 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hillview? Share your experiences!