“Some of the best sushi I've had in the area...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai, Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
“Some of the best sushi I've had in the area...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

The decor doesn't look like much but they have put their efforts into the food! Thai tea, ginger tea, their sushi salad with the ginger dressing is a really good deal, sushi is great! The staff is so nice and she is always suggesting new things and is careful to ask you how hot you like certain things. I like it hot but I imagine that is helpful for some that don't like their food that spicy! I highly recommend this hidden gem in Shepherdsville...

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Katcynth

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on my way home from business trip to Nashville. ...jasmine tea was steaming hot, miso soup was perfect and sushi was spot on...decor was tasteful and restroom was spotless.

1 Thank John B
Louisville, KY
“Great new Thai restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Sushi Thai Tara has been here about a year and it is a breath of fresh air to the Shepherdsville area. We've experienced both dine in and carry out; neither has disappointed. The spring rolls are flavorful and delicious. Both the Pad Thai and Chicken fried rice are superb.The glass noodle soup's hot and hit the spot on a cold day. The rice and noodles are light and fluffy- neither was heavy or dense as we've normally experienced with the local Chinese restaurants. We ordered the Iced Thai Tea that was unlike anything I've ever tasted before. It was sweet and refreshing, without going overboard on the sweetness. The service was fantastic. Our waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable about some of the dishes we weren't familiar with. The California rolls were as good as I thought they'd be- several of my friends have also raved about the other sushi that's offered, though I've not been back yet to do a sushi only meal. It's next on my list of to do's.
Overall, highly recommended- prices for lunch are about 12 dollars per person, depending on all you order. Dinner runs closer to 18-20 dollars per person. Wonderful for a casual date night or night out with the girls.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank travelinKYgal
Alliance, Ohio
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here while on a road trip. We don't eat fast food, so we looked for a sit-down restaurant that was close to the highway. We were pleasantly surprised with the food and atmosphere. The restaurant is a stone's throw away from the highway and so clean. Friendly and accommodating staff. Great stop!

1 Thank TravelingFoodie825
Louisville, KY
“Best Thai in the area...outside Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Everything on the menu is fantastic. Sushi bar adds much needed culture to the area.

• Visited May 2013