“Okay place to stay..but ho-hum service”

Super 8 Shepherdsville
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Shepherdsville, Kentucky
“Okay place to stay..but ho-hum service”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you are looking for a hotel that will give you great customer service, this really isn't one of them. Most of the staff are from the Middle East and they do not even smile. I think they may even live here.

They seem to just do their jobs just to collect a paycheck.

What I did like was the indoor pool for the kids and the waffle maker. The place is fairly clean and is in a prime location around lots of places to eat.

Only other thing is that I went to open the curtain and the entire thing fell down. Upon further inspection there are several holes showing their attempts to fix it in the past. I hope they do not try to charge me for any damages.

Just seems like a place where things are not deeply cleaned or even fixed properly. My guess is that money to fix things is going in the pockets of the owners here as I seen one of them always parking his Mercedes in the front entryway.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed September 11, 2012

This hotel is dirty...the pool is not open until noon which is after check in time...and the breakfast is all sugar; so if you like sugar for breakfast you will love it. I do not recommend this hotel. We left our room to load our car in the morning and they changed the key so we had to go back to the front to get back into our room; this was long before check out time. They were in a hurry for us to leave I guess.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Shepherdsville hotels

Reviewed September 4, 2012

My 7 year old son locked the pool room door, the so called owner came in to tell us time to get out.. he was mad because the door was locked. We told him we were sorry my son likes to lock doors, the man out in my husbands face saying he was going to call the cops. When my husbands asked for for reason the man walked out of the pool room, as we begain to go back to our room the man grabed my husband and told him to sit down.. my husband asked for our money back and we would leave the man pushed my husband in to a chair and had the an officer come in.. the cops talk to the man and could get him to sittle down, the man had the cops take us out at 11 pm at night with a 7year old child and no were to go. The man also wouldn't give us our money back and the cops said there was nothing they could do on that.. also the rooms were not clean, when asking them to clean them was told to do it our self and handed trash bags. Also the hatful man walked in the room on me while dressing. And told me he was checking the room.. whatever u do never stay at this hotel.. nasty rude and cold hearted.. there are betters once on the other side on the street and I have friend that work at nicer ones.. never stay at this hotel..

• Stayed September 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Nice room and a very comfortable king-size bed. Room was clean and quiet. Maid service was very good and the room was clean. Good free breakfast. The waffles were large and very good. Internet access was nice and fast.

Room Tip: Single occupancy rooms are very spacious.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
West Chester, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in mid August. Found this Super 8 to have easy access, new TVs in the rooms and very comfortable beds. Also enjoyed their breakfast, especially the waffles !

On the downside, a musty swimming pool-ish smell is strong when you first open the front door to the lobby. Additionally, although the internet worked fine in the AM, in the evening the the router seemed to reset every five minutes requiring you to re-log in. Finally, the older gentleman (Owner / Manager) while no doubt a strong manager, could still use some "smiley - happy face" pills.

They had great rates.

Will stay again on next visit !

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Sun City West, Arizona
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Too many things to go into detail, so here's a brief summary.

1. Surly front desk person
2. Toilet with **** in it when we checked in
3. Dirty. Dust and crud everywhere in corners.
4. Terrible breakfast. Look like they cleaned 7-11 out of day old stuff. No selection for anything.
5 Sheets: Walmart's finest 150 thread count sheets. Hadn't been changed?
6 Towels: stiff and thin and grayish
7. Soap: broken
8. Smell: unidentifiable. Smoke, pets, and the stuff in the toilet. Potent brew.
9 Wifi. Log in every 5 minutes because the router resets every 5 minutes.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MadJayhawk
Western Kentucky
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We checked in vey late, the room was clean, quiet and comfortable. Internet hook up was quick and easy. Staff was friendly and even remembered me calling in to say we'd be late. The only thing that keeps me from calling it "excellent" was that it seemed a room (or rooms) above us--we were on the 1st floor--had leaked water. The ceiling of our bathroom needed to be repaired properly--it looked like it had been done before but was falling out....... We slept late and cannot comment on the breakfast. BUT, there's a variety of places within a stone's throw for late night and all day food! I would seriously consider staying here again when in or around the Louisville area. It was good! Our visit was 6/30-7/1/12.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FLYBYU
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Brooks

Been to Super 8 Shepherdsville? Share your experiences!