“Spider bites and too many Spiders !!!!!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
central city
“Spider bites and too many Spiders !!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2008

Several month in advance I booked a room at Country Inn and Suites as we had always enoyed our stay with them and they were always clean and freindly.My son owns a business and attends the Kentucky truck show in Louisville as an Exhibtor. I ride along for the experience. I am disabled so I booked a handicap room. Upon arriving after a day of 11 hours of travel I find the room dirty. The micorwave was dirty- the end table by the bed was all sticky and there were pistachio nuts all over the floor. The lamp was unplugged and so was the phone. So after cleaning and getting everything plugged back in we went to bed. The next morning my son noticed red spots with white heads on his arms, looked like pimples. He thought maybe it was from sweating or something so went on to the truck show and set up his goods for the day. The next morning there were more red spots on his legs as well this time. As he was very busy he went on to the show and worked all day. When he returned to the hotel that night I knew immediately he was covered with spider bites they were as round as a silver dollar and swollen and getting worse. Luckily we travel with a first aid kit and applied neosporine. I told him we better take everything off the bed and when we turned over the mattress and box springs we found a huge spider nest - 28 eggs 3 large live spiders and 5 small babies just hatched. The rest of the eggs were full of baby spiders ready to hatch !! Talk about freaked out - we were upset. So my son went down and got the desk clerk who came to our room and basically said nothing, she wasn't even shocked. So we told her to call the manager and she informed us she could not do that. I told her if she didn't call him I would start knocking on every door in the hotel and telling the guest what was going on by now it was 9:30 pm. My son was tired from working all day and was ready to go to bed...unfortunately we had the mattress and box springs standing up against the dresser and no one was going to do anything to help us. My son finally went down to the lobby to see if the manager was coming or what they were going to do. When the desk clerk said they were not even going to clean the spiders and the nest up my son started telling all the guest in the lobby his story and showing them the 8 spider bites he had and the pictures he had taken of the eggs and live spiders in our room as well as 100's of dead rolly pollies under the bed the spders were feeding on. The desk clerk then called the police - we explained our situation - the police officer came to our room and could not believe what he seen. He helped my son take pictures and counted the eggs and spiders. I ask him for his card and if he he would testify in court for us and he said "yes"...We were then told we had to leave by the desk clerk and were actually thrown out at 10:30 pm with no where to go and everything booked for miles around. we ended up driving 40 more miles to Elizabethtown,Ky and found a room there. It was midnight before we got settled again...what a night! The hotel refunded us 2 nights - last night and the next night we had booked. So my son had to drive 65 miles back into louisville to the truck show this morning. I called Country inn and Suites Corp office and filed a complaint - they said if I don't hear from the hotel where we stayed to call back in 2 days...so if you like SPIDERS this is the place to stay...we will never stay in a Country Inn again!!! The bigger issue was not the spiders it was they wouldn't do anything about them..TRAVELERS BEWARE !!!!

• Liked — nothing!!!
  • Disliked — Spiders
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank micki19482

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Anthem, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2008

We stay at this Country Inn and Suites twice a year (April & October) since we attend the Knob Creek Gun show.
This hotel is easy access right off the highway and close to a grocery store, restaurants, fast food places and other stores like a CVS and Dollar Store and gas stations. The rooms have a sofa area and a refrigerator..very spacious and nice.
To get to the gun show though, it is a bit of a drive along a winding road which can make you car sick if you aren't used to it.
We have always found the service and staff at this hotel to be friendly, the rooms clean and the breakfast very good. If you can work the waffle machine you're in for a treat.
The hotel is very accommodating to the patrons who attend the gun show twice a year. The show brings in a lot of $$ to the small town of Shepherdsville. A lot of us book a year in advance, so if you are a first timer you need to keep trying to get a room here because they sell out quickly.
It's a short drive to Brooks down the highway where there is a Cracker Barrel which is very popular for a good meal.

Also for those of you interested, we always attend St. Aloysius Catholic Church that is located at 187 Plum Street off of Hwy. 44 (on the way to Knob Creek). Pator Naylor there is awesome and always welcomes us even though we are not all dressed up for church like we usually are.

Country Inn and Suites are some of my favorite hotels even though some of them (or maybe even all) are independantly owned I have always found them to be very nice.
Hope this helps.
/scarlett329

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
peoria, il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2006

With confirmed/guaranteed reservaton in hand, the new owners charged an extra $10+. per night at check-out. They decieded not to honor the AARP discount they quoted on the resevation. Corp. office could not get this issue resolved. Hotel's answer "Are rates are subject to change".

2 Thank hotrodders

Travelers are raving about these Shepherdsville hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2005

We had a wonderful experience staying here.
* Check in was quick, the room was tidy, clean, fresh and spacious.
* The pool was clean, with lots of towels available.
* The beds were comfortable.
* When I needed to find a nearby store, the front desk gave good directions.
* We were blown away by the breakfast! DIY waffles, boiled eggs, juice, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels... all fresh and delicious. A nice lady made sure the place was well-stocked and clean at all times.

We were so impressed with this particular hotel that we planned on recommending the chain to all our friends.

Unfortunately, the facility in Columbus, OH (north) was completely unpleasant. The chain seems to be inconsistant in quality.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
BEST WESTERN Shepherdsville
BEST WESTERN Shepherdsville
#2 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South? Share your experiences!