Several month in advance I booked a room at Country Inn and Suites as we had always enoyed our stay with them and they were always clean and freindly.My son owns a business and attends the Kentucky truck show in Louisville as an Exhibtor. I ride along for the experience. I am disabled so I booked a handicap room. Upon arriving after a day of 11 hours of travel I find the room dirty. The micorwave was dirty- the end table by the bed was all sticky and there were pistachio nuts all over the floor. The lamp was unplugged and so was the phone. So after cleaning and getting everything plugged back in we went to bed. The next morning my son noticed red spots with white heads on his arms, looked like pimples. He thought maybe it was from sweating or something so went on to the truck show and set up his goods for the day. The next morning there were more red spots on his legs as well this time. As he was very busy he went on to the show and worked all day. When he returned to the hotel that night I knew immediately he was covered with spider bites they were as round as a silver dollar and swollen and getting worse. Luckily we travel with a first aid kit and applied neosporine. I told him we better take everything off the bed and when we turned over the mattress and box springs we found a huge spider nest - 28 eggs 3 large live spiders and 5 small babies just hatched. The rest of the eggs were full of baby spiders ready to hatch !! Talk about freaked out - we were upset. So my son went down and got the desk clerk who came to our room and basically said nothing, she wasn't even shocked. So we told her to call the manager and she informed us she could not do that. I told her if she didn't call him I would start knocking on every door in the hotel and telling the guest what was going on by now it was 9:30 pm. My son was tired from working all day and was ready to go to bed...unfortunately we had the mattress and box springs standing up against the dresser and no one was going to do anything to help us. My son finally went down to the lobby to see if the manager was coming or what they were going to do. When the desk clerk said they were not even going to clean the spiders and the nest up my son started telling all the guest in the lobby his story and showing them the 8 spider bites he had and the pictures he had taken of the eggs and live spiders in our room as well as 100's of dead rolly pollies under the bed the spders were feeding on. The desk clerk then called the police - we explained our situation - the police officer came to our room and could not believe what he seen. He helped my son take pictures and counted the eggs and spiders. I ask him for his card and if he he would testify in court for us and he said "yes"...We were then told we had to leave by the desk clerk and were actually thrown out at 10:30 pm with no where to go and everything booked for miles around. we ended up driving 40 more miles to Elizabethtown,Ky and found a room there. It was midnight before we got settled again...what a night! The hotel refunded us 2 nights - last night and the next night we had booked. So my son had to drive 65 miles back into louisville to the truck show this morning. I called Country inn and Suites Corp office and filed a complaint - they said if I don't hear from the hotel where we stayed to call back in 2 days...so if you like SPIDERS this is the place to stay...we will never stay in a Country Inn again!!! The bigger issue was not the spiders it was they wouldn't do anything about them..TRAVELERS BEWARE !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South, KY, where guests are treated to quality services, comfortable rooms and a friendly atmosphere. Located in Shepherdsville, the hotel's location is near popular Louisville destinations like Fort Knox, Churchill Downs, the Kentucky Fair and Expo Center, the Louisville International Airport, the Kentucky Bourbon Trail and Jim Beam American Outpost, and is adjacent to the Paroquet Springs Conference Center. Work out in the fitness center, swim in the heated indoor pool and browse the free high-speed Internet access during your stay. The hotel also offers meeting space, a business center, RV/bus/large truck parking and the complimentary, hot Be Our Guest Breakfast buffet. Book your stay online today to see what makes the Country Inn & Suites Louisville South one of the area's best values. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Carlson, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Louisville South
- Country Inn & Suites Louisville South Hotel Shepherdsville
- Country Inn Shepherdsville
- Shepherdsville Country Inn