Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Shepherdsville
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

Really just an average hotel. Thought the room was generally clean, but it does show some wear and tear. Probably the worse thing you can say was that the hallways had a very interesting smell. Not sure if the smell was from the pool or smoke or a combination of both. The room smelled fine, but the hallway smell was pretty powerful. I had little to no interaction with hotel staff outside of check-in and check-out. So I don't have any comments about the staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Freeport, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

Beautiful and very clean rooms, attentive and polite staff, that were very helpful, too.

The location comment is about Shepherdsville; not much around the area...great scenery, but not much else...the location of the hotel is just fine!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

We really enjoyed staying here. The Room and bathroom were very clean. We had a nice one room suite with a King size bed and pull out couch. Our 13 year old son slept on the couch and he said he slept well. The bed was very comfortable. The room also had a refridgerator and microwave. The best part was the pool and spa. The pool was comfortably warm, so warm we were able to go inot with our son, instead of retreating to the spa. We had a nice breakfast, with many breakfast choices - basics like cereal and muffins and donuts and the like. There was also egg and sausage patties and waffles to make. We would definately stay here again if in the area and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

Very nice hotel, friendly people at check in, bed was extremely comfortable. Good breakfast, if I had one complaint the swimming pool water was entirely to warm.

• Stayed June 2012
Aurora, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

reservations: June 21st to June 22nd 2012

I called the main number to the Shepherdsville KY Country Inn (502-543-8400) to make reservations a week before my stay. I booked 7 rooms with Candie (front desk clerk) and 2 days before the trip, reserved 2 more rooms, using the same phone number, for a total of 9 rooms. The rooms were reserved using my bank check card/credit card. I did cancel 2 rooms before 6pm on day of arrival. I asked while making my reservations (on the phone) about government/military and AAA discounts. I was told to present our cards (membership or government ID) upon check-in and discounts would be applied.

We traveled from Indiana and arrived to check-in at Country Inn and Suites Thursday June 21st 2012 after 6pm for the remaining 7 rooms. I gave Candie (front desk) my reservation numbers but she stated they did not match the hotels confirmation numbers because they outsource their reservation bookings to a 3rd party. Candie also said, “I was told by my manager not to give you any more discounts. My Manager, Mike, will be in at 7am if you would like to talk to him about discounts.” She did accept everybody’s payments for their rooms using their personal credit cards. I was told that my card was only used to “hold the reservations” and there would not be a charge.

The next morning we went to the front desk and an Indian lady was working. We asked to speak to the manager as requested by Candie the night before. She told us he was not at the hotel at this time but he usually calls before he comes in and "I only work here, I am not authorized to give any discounts. I can get your name and number and I will give it to him when he comes in today."

I did not feel comfortable with this situation so I stepped outside the Inn to call my bank for my recent account transactions. I was told by my local branch in Indiana that there were 13 total transactions on my account by Country Inn and Suites and that 7 were flagged Fraud and 6 remained pending. I was given my bank's corporate phone number to clarify this information.

I went back to the front desk and the manager was there. He told my friends, family and I that he just arrived at the hotel when in fact he was sitting in an office at the hotel the whole time. The fact is he lied to us; I know this because my friends saw him through an open window at the hotel for an entire hour prior to arriving at the front desk.

I remained on the phone with my corporate bank and I gave the phone to Mike Padhiar (business card stated General Manager) to release all charges made on my account and he gave them authorization numbers to do so. I then paid for my room with cash.

I also called the Country Inn and Suites corporate office and reported this incident using the front desk phone at the hotel.

I am appalled at this experience and am shocked at how this happened. I was told that my credit card number was needed to hold the reservations and that nothing would be charged until we were at the hotel to stay. My friends, family, and I spent 2 hours at the hotel dealing with this matter.

My experience with Country Inn and Suites was much learned from and I will never stay at Country Inn and Suites again and I will assure that nobody I know will stay at this one. The general manager is named Maheskumar Padhiar and the location is Shepherdsville, KY. It is ridicolous that this happened to us and I wanted to report this incident so that it may never happen again to someone else.

Room Tip: This is the only bad review I have ever written for anything. To reserve rooms for friends/family c...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Melissa B

Travelers are raving about these Shepherdsville hotels

Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

The desk clerks were very friendly, however, the housekeeping staff would never speed unless spoken to first. No smiles. Our room had an unusual carpet stain as soon as you enter the room that appeared that something was spilled. Inside that stain was a red stain that there had been attempts to clean so that little area was clean and you could really see just how dirty the carpet was. The sheers on the windows were disgustingly dirty on the bottom where one would touch to open the curtains. So with the being said we chose not to eat at the breakfast buffet, so I cannot comment on that. The bed was very comfortable. Overall, this location needs a bit of TLC and housekeeping staff needs to change if they do not like their jobs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Squaw Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Pleasantly greeted at the front door whenever we walked through; the whole building was maintaned well. The continental breakfast was hot served, good selection, and a very helpful server. Clean and kept, spacious rooms, were quiet despite the large crowds of people there. We would definitely recommend if you're ever in the area and needing a spot!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
BEST WESTERN Shepherdsville
BEST WESTERN Shepherdsville
#2 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 9 in Shepherdsville
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Baymont Inn & Suites Louisville South I 65

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Louisville South? Share your experiences!