“On route to Cleveland”

Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Shepherdsville
“On route to Cleveland”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

On a late arrival seeking accommodation we found the staff very helpful with a very nice room to accommodate our needs. The room was very nice and the beds great after a long drive from Georgia. With the price of the hotel breakfast was very welcome as being on the road having breakfast before moving on was very welcoming to get us on the road towards to Cleveland.

Room Tip: As a late check in we found the staff most accommadating in our needs
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Angel F, Manager at Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
On route to Cleveland, Thank you for taking the time to mention your positive stay. We are glad that you found us during your trip and were able to get some much needed rest and nourishment for the remainder of your trip. It is always helpful to hear what we are doing right and hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Lorain, Ohio
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This had to be one of the worst experiences at a hotel that we have ever had. The guy at the desk told me that all hotels in the area were booked and said that he would check for an available room. He had one for $165 plus $25 extra for our pet. Once in the room we noticed it was not really clean. The sink counter had some kind of grit on it. There was hair on the bed sheets. The arm chair and foot stool had a large stain on more than half the foot stool and some of the arm chair. When my wife went to take a shower there was hair on the toilet. When she lifted the rubber bath mat to put in the tub there was hair under that and on the tub walls. Once in the shower, when she turned, there was a used washcloth hanging in the folds of the shower curtain on the rod.

Room Tip: I would not book a room at this place.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CarmenO748
Whether positive or negative, guest comments are always welcome and beneficial to our success and future guests visits. I apologize for your recent stay and assure you this is not our standard. I would very much like to speak to you regarding your stay if you would be kind enough to contact me directly so that I can review this situation more closely.
Mrs. Frizzell

Travelers are raving about these Shepherdsville hotels

Salem, Indiana
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is incredibly clean! When we first walked in the lobby was a great impression! The desk clerks were very nice and helpful. They got me and my family to our room with no hassel. Then to the water park we go! My boys LOVED it! They had such a great time, the rules were very clearly told to us, one at a time on the slides, no one under 16 in the hot tub (haha!) and me or my husband had to be with the kids at all times. Simple enough, no broken hearts when they tried to do stuff. It was such a fun trip! The guys in the water park made trips around to watch the children which made me feel safe since my youngest isn't the best at swimming. The girls in the cafe were so friendly and the food is so cheap! $10 for a pizza and no delivery fees!! The breakfast was great too, the girls running it kept everything stocked and full. Plenty of choices which made feeeding my two boys easy as they are picky eaters. They did get a little crowded but the girl at the desk told us we could sit in the resturant area which was perfect. Our room was lovely, very spacious. Other than a small stain on one of the comforters everything was perfect. I quickly phoned the front and the young man brought me a new comforter! How polite! My only complaint was no fitness center, but over all, it was a great trip! If they weren't shutting down the water park we would make it an annual trip

Room Tip: If you have kids ask for a room that overlooks the water park, well worth it!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 383MelissaH
Rittman, Ohio
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms are small and noisey, but then again it's a themed hotel and I expected as much. Breakfast area is small and is only served until 9am. The waterpark is typical and my children had a good time.

Room Tip: I would pick a room on the highest floor as this way you should not have any issues with children ru...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tlcain
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I would not spend another dime on this run down hotel i suggest u burn ur money first walk in the room its dirty CHOCOLATE on the cover hair on the bath room floor, go to the park its lil and boring then i go to the room and take a nap as to im pregnant then i get up and go to the hot tube and a women is yelling at the manager BROVO bc her children wanted in the hot tube with het which i understand their dangerous but thats her choice as long as their behaving and as she said she seen no rules against it then this blond heading dingy girl comes and ask me and my sis ages im 17 18 in less than a mnth and says we have to leave till our sick father can come supervise us hello im pregnant i can take care of myself all i was doing was had my feet in 3 ft of water they were jus rude plz don't waist ur money

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank cheyenne123
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I accompanied my husband who was in the Louisville area for business for 3 days. There was a mega-event in town that week so every hotel was fully booked by the time we tried to make our reservation. We found this place in Shepherdsville, which is only 20 minutes or so south of downtown Louisville.

What a nicely decorated property. The finishes in the rooms are very well done- interesting rectangular tiles on bathroom floor, cool carpet and drapery fabric, sleek sink faucet, neat apple-green accent wall behind bed. The rooms are a bit smaller than most hotels, but it was clean, modern and more than sufficient. The in-room wifi worked very well, too.

There is no fitness center at this property. You are given free access to a local gym that's 1.6 miles away called Hesters. It's on the top floor of a dumpy warehouse- not very nice inside or out. However it gets the job done is you're just looking to burn some calories on a treadmill or elliptical machine. Looks like Hesters is getting a brand new building very close to the hotel (under construction now and probably won't open until the end of 2013. ) If they allow hotel guests free access there, it will be heavenly.

During the winter months, their indoor water park is only open on weekends and the rate is MUCH higher . During weekdays, when the park is closed, you can get a "normal" rate. I believe they open daily sometime around the end of March through mid-April for spring break.

The only complaint we have is that the street noise is VERY NOTICEABLE in rooms on the side of the hotel adjacent to the road. Our room was #305, so try to request a room with an even number so that you are on the quieter side of the building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank georgiamelissa
louisville
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I usually do not comment on sites, but have fond memories of my son's birthday that we spent at this hotel and would like to recommend it it to others. Several comments on here pertain to the pirate cafe serving beer and that they do not want their children to have to walk past a place that sells beer to go inside the waterpark...seriously? Pizza places serve beer, so do grocery stores. I did not see any drunkin pirates that would have traumatized my kids...just good clean fun and and enjoyment. When the water felt too cold, it is a pool right? we just went and warmed up the the beautiful sauna. Great breakfast, clean rooms, friendly staff, great price! Look forward to another visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LouisvilleHeather123
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Brooks
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hillview

Been to Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South? Share your experiences!