“Indoor Waterpark, Nice Hotel, Free Breakfast!”

Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We took our grandson here for a weekend trip. We enjoyed the hotel and the water park. The Water Park is geared to children and teens, they have a hot tub area for adults only in the water park. They also have a nice little snack bar adjoining the water park. Rooms were very nice micro and fridge in all rooms. Free breakfast! Right on I-65, Brooks, Ky. just south of Louisville, Kentucky. A great weekend trip or on the road traveling a fun time for the kids!! We will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank dbagby74
Angel F, Manager at Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

We are very thankful you chose to stay with us and that you and your grandchildren had a great stay. We always want to make sure everyone has a good time. Moms, Dads, Grandparents and of course all the kids. Our staff strives to make sure you have a clean and comfortable room, a great breakfast and lots of fun memories in the water park. We hope you have the opportunity to come back again.

Sincerely
Angel Frizzell

Reviewed August 26, 2012

After reading several bad reviews of this hotel I was very weary of actually keeping my reservation. My family and I decided to go anyway and we are glad we did. My wife and I along with our 3 children (ages 12, 10 and 5) showed up around 4 pm to check in. That went smoothly enough with friendly service. Upon arriving at the room on the 2nd floor we found a roomy, clean and comfortable room with 2 queen beds and 2 twin beds. The room was comfortable and everything was in working order. We almost immediately proceeded downstairs to get our water park passes and go have some wet fun. The water park was clean, the water was very clear and clean, not to crowded and we had a blast. The water was a tad chilly in the bigger pool but not to bad considering it was 93 degrees outside. The spa was perfect and was not to busy either. Yes, you have to walk through a "bar" to get into the water park, but it's a family friendly place that sells beer. No big deal.

We had a comfortable nights sleep. The air conditioner was quiet, and having a room that overlooked the water park, it was amazing quiet. The next morning we enjoyed the free breakfast. They offered big and small waffles, cereal, donuts, sausage, eggs, toast, oatmeal, yogurt, boiled eggs, milk, juice and a few other items. It was hot and fresh with plenty of seating available. All in all it was a very pleasant experience and we will be going back in the near future for another stay. Don't know if the previous bad experiences mentioned on the forum here were because of management or just bad days, but our experience was a good one to say the least. We would recommend it for sure.

Shaun W.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2nd floor overlooking the water park and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank shaunwatt
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My family and I checked in around 3-4 pm and immeidately went to our room. The room was comfortable and equiped with a nice sized refirgerator and a small microwave. My daughter couldn't wait to get to the water park.. Her (age 4) and my husband had a great time playing on the water slides. She quickly found someone her age to play with and they would venture from slide to slide. My son (age 2) didn't much care for the slides but loved walking around in the water playing. My only complaint was that it was really warm in the breakfast area the next morning but that could have been due to the number of guest that were enjoying their breakfast at the same time as me and my family. The staff was very friendly. My daughter keeps asking when we can return!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Nannette C
Angel F, General Manager at Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

We are pleased that everyone in your family had fun in the water park and that your daughter is already looking forward to returning. Your feedback is important to us so that we can continue to improve and provide great stays for all guests. It can be difficult to know when our guests will decide to eat breakfast and it can become very busy at times. This may have been the issue during your visit. Our staff has checked our lobby air systems to make sure they are all running correctly and we thank you for this information. We are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Traveling with my husband and 12 year old daughter. We decided to stop here on our way back home to Ohio because of the waterpark. The pool was chilly but with the heat outside lately it felt wonderful! I don't understand why people complain about pools being too cold in previous reviews. The only issue I had was that they allowed the employees children to access the pool area while the employees were working and not keeping an eye on their children. One child was in the pool area jumping directly next to small children and throwing balls across the pool hitting little babies. the website says you must be a paying guest AND no children allowed without supervision but obviously that wasn't the case here. Once the housekeeper (?) Was off work she came back into the pool area and went outside and chatted with some other workers outside while her child kept jumping around. Plus side if the pool area is that the hot tub is for 16 and over. The staff is pretty strick on this thankfully because that same child was kicked out about 5 times when I was in there. Not sure why the parent wasn't contacted since obviously the girl on patrol knew her. The next day we had no issues and enjoyed our day in the pool area with other paying guests. Rooms were clean and couldn't expect more.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank brewzback
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Your going to love this place . I'ts clean ,Has a great breakfast , You can't beat the price for a family vacation , People are friendly and help full , we checked in at 3pm an the place was not crowded , Going back an this time im going to sign up for the prmo stay 2 times get 3rd visit free . Kids had so much fun they still talking about the fun they had .. PriceLess...

Room Tip: get their at 3pm have no problems getting a great room as its first come first serve
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank works4me0
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Kids walk through a bar with beer signs to get into the park. They say all they serve is beer. Well, that Still makes it a bar. The bathroom floor was sticky sticky sticky. My shoes stuck to the floor! There was black hair on the floor. The breakfast was very minimal. The kids loved the small water park. My brother-in-law and sister did not sleep at all due to a loud arir conditioner. Their room overlooked the pirates cove interior and there were bars on the window. It was small and cramped like a jail cell. The price was expensive!!! Ripped off!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank KentuckyDream
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We took our 3 kids to Piraes Bay Indoor Water Park this past weekend and had a blast! We nearly had to pull them out of the pool after 4 hours straight of slides, swimming, water basketball, etc. They spent most of their time getting a back massage by the various jets of water sprouting out of the big pirate ship. Staff was very attentive, watching the kids swim and play very closely, so we felt like it was a very safe environment. Staff in the dining area was very approachable and helpful. We recommend the peperoni thin pizzas too! Mike & Jen

Room Tip: Get a suite with a window looking over the indoor water park!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#2 of 8 in Shepherdsville
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Brooks
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Louisville South, KY
Hampton Inn Louisville I-65 @ Brooks Rd.
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
Fairfield Inn Louisville South
#3 of 8 in Shepherdsville

Been to Comfort Inn Sheperdsville - Louisville South? Share your experiences!