“A Great Stay!”

Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Shepherdsville
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This past weekend a large family reunion was based out of this hotel. The management and staff bent over backward to accomodate our every wish.

We had good pricing on a block of hotel rooms. The rooms were very nicely decorated, clean and roomy. They were quiet, air conditioning system worked great, breakfast was hot, plentiful and good.

But the special part of this stay was how the staff made us feel. We were welcomed with open arms. The breakfast area was turned over to our crowd to gather and we were permitted to play games and cards, play music, sing and dance to our hearts content. The family had a blast. All 80 of us! Could not have been more pleased!

I would highly recommend this hotel, not only because of the value offere, but because of manner in which they value their customers.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed February 20, 2011

I stayed here Feb. 18, 2011 and was very pleased with the hotel and the staff. I was surprised about how clean it was for the price. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was impressive. The only minor (very minor) complaint was low water pressure in the shower. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Great variety of breakfast & spacious eating/breakfast area. Our room (suites) was very spacious, the largest we've stayed in. Even the bathroom had plenty of room in it. We had 2 queen size beds and a 2 person fold out sofa bed. Option to rent a roll-away bed, as well. In our room, there was also a comfy chair w/foot rest and desk with a chair. We are a family of 8, which includes children from 2 years on up to 17 plus we were bringing our 50 lb. dog along with us. Please note, weight limit on pets is 50 lbs & under. Even with our dog's crate in the room, we still had plenty of room. We did not feel crowded at all. If someone needed there would be space in the room to used a pack-in-play (portable baby's bed) if needed. On this trip, we were traveling to see family. We stayed at this same location on our way back home. Good location, easy off & back on the interstate. Taco Bell, Subway, plus other eating places near by. We will be staying here again.

Indoor pool was a little small but it worked out alright, as we were the only ones using it. Note this location is in the eastern time zone. We live in CST and were driving to a CST location....but stayed overnight in the EST...you'll want to keep that in mind as you pay attention to the hours of breakfast & such.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2010

Clean rooms, good location, very good value for the money. Nothing really to complain about.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This is the worst motel we have ever stayed at! When we checked in it was for 2 nights, king bed, with a fridge and microwave. We headed up to our room, go in check things out, there is no fridge, a place it is suppose to be but not there, call down to front desk and advise them of this as we didnt want to get charged for it, he said that is odd ok come back down and I will put you in another room. So I went down and he gave me another room and so back up I went to move, we got everything moved and I was about to go back down to take the keys and started into the bathroom, no lights came on when I switched on the switch, so I tell my hubby that I will let the front desk know when I get down there to turn in the keys to the other room, I get down there again and tell the front desk, well it has been shift change so I explain what all has happened and he gives me another room, go into this room and the closet door is off and leaned against the wall and it falls, well thank goodness my hubby is fast on his feet as he just moved and it barely got him, the ac dont work in this room....ugghhhh, oh yeah and this room had 2 beds in it not the king we had asked for but anywho, back down to the front desk i go....we get yet another room, we think ok now we are set....welllll...some lights worked in the bathroom and some didnt, the ac kept shutting off before it was cool and ya had to adjust it every 30-45 minutes or ya woke up smothering. we started checkin in at 9 pm finally got to a room alittle after midnight...was told since we had such trouble we could check out a hour later when we checked out, I said on sunday he said yes, well that morning sometime a bill was slipped under our door, so after breakfast that morning, which I have to say was great, I went to the front desk yet again and asked why I got this, the same guy that was there when we started all the checking in was there, he said well you are all checked out and can leave when ready, I said we was suppose to be here for 2 nights, very rudely he said and did you tell me that last night, I said yes, oh well let me look and see if we can give you that room again, I told him would go tell hubby, who was going to the pool, which was closed so the local YMCA could use it, which we was never told about but was told the pool was open from 8 am till 10pm to use it anytime, needless to say all this was the last straw, I went back to the desk and told him I didnt care if the room was available we was leaving asap.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2010

I stay in a lot of Choice hotels, and this one ranks very high in customer service and cleanliness. It's very new, and the owners seem to desire to keep it that way. The rooms are over-sized, not like the old Sleep Inns of yesteryear, this hotel feels more like of Comfort Suites than a Sleep Inn. The only problem I had was the beds were too soft for me to get comfortable, and I feel like a whiner even saying that. Sleeping on the floor in this hotel would still be nicer than staying in a bed at some other hotels I've been in.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 24, 2009

What a beautiful place, new, large rooms with a sitting area, flat screen TV, quiet, microwave and, refrig. Breakfast room and lobby area were huge and beautifuuly decorated for the holidays. Breakfast had a good variety including wafflesand biscuits and gravy. Front desk very friendly and helpful. Restaurants close and good variety. Just off the interstate.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepherdsville
Best Western Shepherdsville
#3 of 8 in Shepherdsville
Old Bardstown Inn
Old Bardstown Inn
#4 of 8 in Bardstown

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Shepherdsville? Share your experiences!