“Early dinner with family”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tumbleweed Tex Mex Grill & Margarita Bar
Ranked #24 of 67 Restaurants in Shelbyville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Food excellent & good value for the price! Everything cooked as requested and service was good. Two small children able to find something also

Reviewed May 10, 2013

First time to go there in 4 or 5 years. Wasn't bad.

Con queso was pretty runny and not so flavorful but the 99 cent Budweiser helped make up for it. LOL .

I had steak and shrimp and my wife had Salmon. Steak was not really that tender but it was a top sirloin so I did never imagined it would be like a strip or rib eye. It was cooked like I ordered, medium rare. Very nice thick green sauce (with a little spicy kick to it) on the side.

Wife's salmon was WAY over cooked. Just hard. She also had a sauce on the side. Some kind of sweet chili sauce that was very nice. They forgot one of her side orders but eventually they served it. Sauteed mushrooms looked awful. They were some kind of button mushrooms and not sliced. Actually looked bad but very very tasty.

Service was more good. Waitress checked on us 3 or 4 times but did not hover over us.

I would go back if I am in the mood for an inexpensive steak dinner.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Tumbleweed has grown in 30 years from one store on Mellwood Avenue in Louisville to a medium sized chain in the region. Shelbyville's edition is very friendly with energetic servers and hostess staff that insure you have a great experience.

Managers are always on the floor making sure things go well, and ask almost every guest how things are going. If there is ever an issue, they solve it quickly. Menu has grown to include steaks, Tex-Mex, Mexican as well as healthy options like salmon.
All that said, it is still better to cover your dish with queso cheese and walk it off later! A great new addition is guacamole fixed to order tableside. Your server spends the time to make sure you get it "your way"! There is almost always a frozen drink special to quench the fire of hot salsa.

Another new idea is a dinner for two special at great prices to meet the budget minded family.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Fantastic service!! $.99 Margaritas were great (Monday & Tuesday special)! Food selections were done to perfection (Tilapia dinner w/ veggies and salad; Salmon Mango Chi w/veggies and salad). Just the right amount of food; great presentation! Spices on the grilled veggies were great. Can you believe they make their own croutons for the salad; done perfectly with just enough crunch on the outside and a softer, sweeter inside. Never had any so good! Can't say enough about our first time visit. Warmly welcomed and checked on often! Will pass this place on to our daughter and her family when they come East. No doubt our next drive-out to Missouri will include a stop for dinner here again! A BIG thumbs-up!!!!!!!!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This area still allows smoking in restaurants. Since I do not smoke this bothered me more than I expected and took away from the meal. They did tell me the bar area was a smoking area. I choose to eat in the bar which was a mistake. Some would have found the language a little offensive. Now I'll get to the food. Selection was typical for a steakhouse chain. Food was good and hot. Waitress was always checking to see if I needed anything. Pricing seemed to be good. I felt I received a good value for my money.

1  Thank NovTraveler01