“Been there before, will go back.”

Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Arkansas
“Been there before, will go back.”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I've been there in August for the past few years. Any time I've been there, it's clean, staff is pleasant, I've had no problems at all. I'll be back there again next time I'm thru Louisville in I-64.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
jettin169, General Manager at Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East, responded to this review, March 19, 2010
Thank you for continuing to use our hotel as your midway break point. We're here to make your time off the road as comfortable as possible. We know your time is valuable! You do your thing... and we'll do ours!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Hair in the tub, soap opened and used on the sink. Soiled towel on the vanity. Toilet with signs of the last occupant. Very gross. Unfortunately I had traveled for many hours. It was late at night and I had already unpacked my things. Lot was packed so I didn't want bother calling down. Bad smell of stale cigarettes in the hall had already prompted me to call and confirm it was a non-smoking room before I realized the rest of the problems.

Last time I was there (March 2009), half of the equipment in the Fitness Room was broken along with the tv.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
I'd like to personally apologize for the issues that you incurred during your stay with us. It appears the room may have been cleaned as a stay over rather than a checkout. This problem is unacceptable and will be corrected for the future. Please come back and try our hotel out again. We offer an outstanding product and stand by our Ramada name
romulus michigan
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I stay here quite often. Normaly my stay is uneventful. This trip however, I experienced my first complaint. As with every other check-in, Laurie was friendly and had the cookies out (once again I had two). Then the disappointment came. There were no clean rooms to check me in to. Laurie assured me that the housekeeping staff was hard at work cleaning them and that it shouldn't be much longer. After about 20 minutes she was able to get me a room. I could understand the delay if I was checking in at 1:00 or 2:00 in the afternoon, but no clean rooms at 5:00! After a day of traveling, a delay was the last thing I wanted. Had it not been for Lauries cheerful disposition and understanding, I would have probably gone elsewhere. Laurie is an asset to the Ramada staff, and to be truthful, she makes me want to return here whenever I am in town.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
First, let me thank you for continuing to let us accommodate you during your travels. Laurie is a valued employee and she does her very best to serve all of our guests needs. I'm very sorry that your room was no available to you upon arrival. It is our policy to have all rooms ready for reservations at 3pm. Unfortunately, during your stay, we were running a little behind. We will do our part by making sure this problem doesn't happen again. Please come back and see us... put our staff to the test!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 22, 2009

I drove to the Holiday Inn Express ready to check in one afternoon. The sign on the door said they had been closed by a Federal office. So, what to do? I reviewed Tripadvisor and saw the review for the Ramada.
I walked in and requested a room. Since I didn't have a history with Ramada, I was a little nervous. The hotel looks to be new for the area and across the street from a movie theater. It must not be well known or it could have been the time of year because there weren't many people there.
This hotel is very nice and was a pleasant surprise. I've added Ramada to my list of preferred hotels.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for trying out our Ramada after your Holiday Inn mishap! We are fairly new to the area and will take every chance thats given to us to show just how accomodating our brand can be. We are conviently placed next door to a well renowned steakhouse and new movie theater. Please come back and relax at our hotel during your next rip!
yorkshire
Reviewed September 30, 2008

This is a fairly new hotel just off the interstate between Louisville and Lexington. Not a very attractive box to look at but good sized rooms with the usual conveniences. Very well received and looked after by the management. Nice sized lounge with tv.

A restaurant is next door which is OK if not exiting. Shelbyville old town is about 5 miles away and has better places to eat.

• Liked — good sized rooms, indoor pool,gym, spa
  • Disliked — on 4 floors
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East? Share your experiences!