“Great access from freeway, restaurant next door, superb...”

Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Germantown
“Great access from freeway, restaurant next door, superb...”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great access from freeway, restaurant next door, superb staff, good location on way out of Louisville on way to Lexington.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Manager1550, General Manager at Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Who says being out of the big city is inconvenient and boring? Shelbyville is the perfect stopping point being just outside Louisville's city limits and just 40min away from Lexington. Our Ramada is the first thing you see when traveling down Interstate 64 and is conveniently located next door to an award winning steakhouse and a new 8plex movie theater. Whether your in town for business at one of our many partnered companies or for pleasure while relaxing at the only hotel in town with a beautiful indoor pool and hottub, we're here to accommodate in the most comfortable fashion possible.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Williamsburg
Reviewed May 1, 2013

It was a very nice hotel and the staff was very friendly. Only a few things like no clean extra towels and ran out of food on breakfast bar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Manager1550, General Manager at Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our award winning hotel located in historic Shelbyville, KY. Whether you were in town for business or pleasure, please know that we're here to accommodate you any way possible. We hope to see you again on future travels!
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I travel a good bit and have stayed at many different properties/hotel chains. This property can stand head held high with the best of them! Due to not calling for a reservation sooner, I was only able to stay one night, Saturday, 4/27/13 - 4/28/13. I needed a pet-friendly property for this trip and this location fit that requirment.

I'm very anal when it comes to clean and my room passed the "black-light" test! I always travel with one. NOTHING nasty on the bed, pillows, runner on the foot of the bed, in any corners, on the sides of the bed, furniture, walls, lamp shades, ceilings, etc.!! I even checked the remote - clean! (I know, anal - I admit it :) In exchange, I'm just as anal about my pets, and being a good dog owner I always travel with a "belly-band" for my male terrier just so he doesn't get stressed and make a mistake for the housekeeping staff or another guest to have to deal with. (Just thought I'd toss that out there to any travelers who also bring their pets along. It's just the right thing to do. Our pets can smell things we don't and will always add their contribution to any left behind!) I had a standard king room and the bed/mattress was VERY comfortable - no shortage of pillows either ! : )

The physical property was very clean and very well maintained. Didn't hear any squeaking mechanical noises at night. The decor was very current. The color choices, in my room anyway, were very tasteful. The flat-screen tv always frees up dresser-top space. Closet behind huge hinged floor-length mirror was a nice feature. Also enjoyed having a screened window we could actually open to enjoy the spring air without having to use the air conditioner (as long as it wasn't raining). My room was a non-smoking room, but was on the 4th floor where I assume they allow smoking since it was pretty pungent. I was so impressed with how clean the room actually was - I didn't sweat the smell from the elevator to our room.

The exterior of the building was very well maintained and landscaped. There is a stepping stone foot path leading over to the steak-house restaurant a few hundred feet away, and there's also a movie theatre across the street with current features.

The breakfast was above average taking everything into consideration. They sure know how to pack a lot into a small space, utilizing every inch they have! The breakfast room is exactly as shown. A little cozy if they have a full house, but there's also another room across the way that's larger and could probably be utilized by thoughtful adults. Two different flavors at the fresh waffle station, fresh fruit, fruit salad, hard-boiled eggs, various cold breakfast cerals, a micro-wave if you wanted instant oatmeal, 3 or 4 different types of coffee, yogurt, various breakfast breads and toppings, biscuits and gravy, and orange or apple juice. I think I covered it.

I wasn't able to use or check out the exercise room or pool/hot tub... THIS time, but will absolutely be back and will take advantage of those next time! Shelbyville isn't necessarily in the center of all the hustle/bustle, but is a nice place to come back to after a day spent out looking for antiques, checking out various horse farm/tours, or even doing a bourbon tour or other sight-seeing trips over toward Lexington, Frankfort or Louisivlle. They have a good supply of flyers to help you find something to do in the area.

When I called Wednesday to make my reservation, Justin was very helpful. The front desk staff I engaged at check-in Friday evening and check-out Saturday morning were great! There truly was an abundance of Southern Hospitality! I'll for sure be scheduling another stay at this property, and can only hope my trip to the Ramada in Sparta, Ky this October will warrant the same type of review!

Room Tip: When making your reservation, be a good guest and ask questions pertinent to your needs/situation...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Debbie H
It's thorough reviews like this that truly highlight the high standards that are practiced here everyday at this award winning property. We are happy that you choose our Ramada during your travels through the Bluegrass and look forward to seeing you and your friendly pet on your next stop!
Warfield, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Ramada. There was a nice restaurant within walking distance that we also used. Our checkin was simple. We used the coupon book from the rest stop in Kentucky and that helped us save money also. We would stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager1550, General Manager at Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing our Award Winning Ramada. It's a delight to read all the positive experiences guests like you have during their stay here in beautiful Shelbyville. We're glad you found our staff and facilities clean, comfortable, and friendly during your stay. Customer satisfaction is a top priority and we promise to continue providing the highest level of service possible for now and years to come. Thanks for choosing Ramada for your lodging needs and hope to see you down the road!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East? Share your experiences!