“Staff helped to improve this rating”

Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I had stayed here last October and had a good experience so decided to stay here again in April. As I checked in, a large ball team came in right after I received my key. By the time I parked and brought my stuff in, I discovered they had put me on the same floor, right next to the ballplayers. I was late for dinner so I left and figured I'd talk to the staff when I returned. On returning it was pretty quiet so I settled in for the night. Around 10 pm the young men came into their rooms. They weren't partying but talking loudly. At 11 pm I knocked on the wall between us and told them to tone it down since I was trying to sleep. They quieted down for a couple minutes and then were back at it so at 11:30 I went down to check in, told the manager the problem. He apologized and gave me a key to another room which was a suite on the top floor. I had a great night of sleep (although short) and had a good breakfast in the morning. My only suggestion is for the management in the future if you are having ball teams don't put other people near them - especially this middle aged woman!! Even though I didn't get all of my sleep out, it was a nice stay, clean and staff were very accommodating.

Room Tip: Not next to ball team and top floor unless ball team on that floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Manager1550, General Manager at Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our beautiful hotel in Shelbyville. Ball teams seldom travel to the area, but when they do, the excitement can be noticeable at times. I'm glad you found our staff to be helpful and accommodating during your stay and hope you choose to stop by again during your future travels through the BlueGrass!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Manager1550, General Manager at Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Me and my girlfriend and her son stayed here on 3-23-13. We wasn't made aware that there was a whole bunch of kids in the hotel due to baseball or softball..or we would have never booked here for this day!! The hotel is nice and we have stayed here before in Feb 9th and fell in love with the place....The hotel its self is clean and comfortable!!! However our stay this time was horrible!!! There were children that was unsupervised on every floor...They was diving and jumping into the pool which is only 5ft deep. My girlfriend notified the hotel staff and he went in and said something to them...However it continued....She was scared to death someone was going to get hurt....The children was running through the halls and playing with the elevator buttons causing it to stop on every floor before reaching our room on the 4th floor...It was very annoying and we were not able to even use the hot tub or pool...So we had a pretty upset 11yr old....not to mention we was not able to even eat breakfast that morning due to be OVER CROWDED and picked through...So we decided to stick around for a while and went down at 9 am to see if we had a chance to swim and it was already full again...So we just packed up and left....Like I said we loved our 1st stay but this one here was horrific. I have never seen a group that lacked supervision. Plus I know the front desk clerk isn't a babysitter however they should have made a point to gather these children and find their parents and say something!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of our Award Winning Ramada. I'm sorry that your experience on the weekend of your stay was not as pleasant as your first visit. We had a very excited ball team here at the hotel and they obviously consumed the property during their stay. We will take better precautions if a similar event ever takes place and hope you choose to visit us during your future travels through Shelbyville.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed here 2-9-13 and loved every minute of it.... The staff was very friendly, and check in was very simple. We loved being able to use the indoor pool and hot tub and are planning to revisit tomorrow :) I would recommend this place to anyone! They also have a nice breakfast and the rooms was very clean and everything in good working order!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Manager1550, General Manager at Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

We are very glad that your recent stay at our award winning property was a pleasent one. With our Ramada being the only hotel in town with the relaxing ammenity of an indoor pool and spa, we hope to see you again during your future travels through historic Shelbyville, KY!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Manager1550, General Manager at Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Reviewed March 1, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
East Louisville
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East? Share your experiences!