“Plantation experience.”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a charming atmosphere where the food is above average, service really trys and it all gives you, the diner, a feeling of a special occasion. Not gourmet, just good "home cooking". This is a family place, but adults can find a quiet space to relax.

There are newer reviews for Claudia Sanders Dinner House

Reviewed April 15, 2014

There are many things to say about Claudia Sanders Dinner House and the memories that I have had in my life. This was always a staple in my childhood and it carried on into my adulthood... Sorry to say that they quality of food, the service and the atmosphere has aged greatly and I seldom go eat there anymore.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Some friends had talked this place up and I got to experience it on a recent business trip. The place is huge and you get the feeling of being in an old plantation house. There was a big picture of Colonel Sanders and his wife in the hall we were dining in. The service was very good. I had the fried chicken. It was good, but I have had better and I guess I was expecting to be “wow’d” a little more. The biscuits and cornbread were very good, and they’ll bring as many as you want. My glass never got empty and the overall bill for 6 of us doing lunch was well under $100.
All in all, I think this is a place everyone should try for the historical value of it. The food is a good value for the price. I would not return, not because of a bad experience, but just because I’ve now had the experience and like to try other places.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had a table of five and had no wait at all, they took us right back, and everything was top notch! Jerry was our server and he couldn't have been better! Rolls were never ending, glasses were always full, and food was fabulous and hot and served in a timely manner! One of our best ever meals!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

When Colonel Sanders sold his Kentucky Fried Chicken business he kept the right to operate one restaurant. This is the successor to that restaurant. The fried chicken is very good and the yeast rolls are out of this world!