“Nice change if pace”

Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
“Nice change if pace”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here several times. The place is very unique, the food is pretty good and the service is adequate. I would say the unique atmosphere or setting is the best part. Nice change of pace for travelers.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Mom and Me”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The restaurant has a pleasant atmosphere and our server was very attentive but then we were there at two in the afternoon on a weekday. The vegetables(beets, mash potatoes) were hot and delicious as was the fried chicken. Our chicken and dumpling soup was tepid and the biscuits that day had a very off taste. In conversation with our server we found we were not the first to say that. Mom's salad looked very wilted and she did not eat it. Portions are large and you can not split a meal.

Canton, Mississippi
“Family style at its' best!!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

If home style cooking is what you are seeking, this is a good place. I wasn't hungry enough for the family style fare of veggies and entree so ordered a salad with grilled chicken and soup. The soup i picked was chicken and dumplins, which was almost as good as my grandmother's. But the grilled chicken must have come from an OLD bird cause it was pretty tough!! the spread I observed on other tables were over generous so all looked happy. Our waiter was super efficient and service was excellent. Maybe next time I will choose FRIED chicken!!

Louisville, Kentucky
“Classic Southern Dinner House”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

For the most part, all of the food is quite delicious. We recently celebrated my wife's birthday with dinner there. The Country Ham is consistently good. I prefer the fried country ham, while not exactly good for you, it sure is tasty!

If you order the family style dinners then you will be served your choice of all of the sides. My favorite sides include: breaded tomatoes (yummy), corn pudding, mock oyster dressing and creamed spinach. At least on this trip the green beans were among the worse green beans I've ever tasted--should be avoided.

If you go on a holiday, it can be an incredibly busy place--reservations definitely recommended then.

Madison, Indiana
“A Large KFC”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

A friend and I arrived for lunch at 11:30 AM on a weekday, so no diners were there yet. The server, Ellizabet, was very courteous; it's been awhile since a server has said "Yes, mam" to me...very nice! The decor is very Kentucky Bluegrass; dark green, deep red, and dark wood. Pleasant, even if the dining room is just one large area. I had a Luncheon Special, which included 2 pieces of fried chicken, a two sides...sweetened tomatoes and creamed spinach. I also ordered a cup of Chicken and Dumpling Soup, and just water to drink. The bill was only $7.41, and it was plenty of food. However, if you have eaten at Kentucky Fried Chicken you know what the food here tastes like; Claudia Sanders was the wife of Col. Sanders, founder of KFC. This restaurant is just average. Looking around, I saw that most meals were huge...so, if this is what you are looking for, eat here.

• Visited September 2013