Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville
$110
$72
Quality Suites(La Grange)
$76
Wingate by Wyndham Louisville East(Louisville)(Great Value!)
$72
$101
$89
All reviewsfront deskextra reward pointsroom was cleanthe breakfast areasweet rollsinternet servicestopping pointcoffee potstayed one nightdesk staffoutdoor poolnice staywould stay here againvery nice hotelinterstateexitlouisville
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed for one night on a recent business trip. The hotel lobby was nice and the desk staff very helpful. My room was clean and well maintained. Breakfast was typical of a hotel, nothing too fancy, but not bad either. The hotel seems to have a good amount of trucker traffic and my room faced the lost that the trucks park in, so I was woken up a few times by air-brakes and truck engines. Also the WIFI was non-existent on the 3rd floor. I could pick up the main hotel feed and one labeled 2nd floor, but both were so weak, that they signal kept dropping and the connection speed was so slow it was useless for anything. I ended up working in the hotel lobby the next morning while eating breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank IrishBrewer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Dear IrishBrewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. We understand that having a comfortable stay is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise and internet connection. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I stayed here for a quick overnight stay. The greeting was very friendly and lobby and gathering area were nicely appointed. There were some minor things that could use attention in the room, but that is ongoing for any hotel. The ice machine on the 2nd floor was not working, but the sign said 1st and 3rd were in order. The bed was firmer than I would prefer, but the pillows were perfect. Breakfast was not ready yet when I was leaving, so can't comment on that. The reason I am not giving it a higher rating, is because of walkways and parking lot not being safe. The recent snow had not been sufficiently cleared to provide safe walkways from parking spots to the doors. And, the only parking spots remaining required parking and walking through only partially cleared parking areas. I slipped around several times bringing luggage in and out. I'm mending from a broken wrist, and was very worried about taking another fall.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
HIxsSV, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are please you had a nice stay and loved our pillows. We are in process of upgrading all our pillows. We do apologize for the walkways and parking areas. The inclement weather conditions beyond our control, have really wreaked havoc on us. Mother Nature has been harsh on us this year. We hope to see you on your next visit to Shelbyville.

Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Just an average H-I Express. Hotel staff was polite but slow to check-in. Hotel was clean but the beds and pillows are horribly uncomfortable. The Internet was worthless. I had some work I had to do requiring an Internet connection. I was up well past midnight because of a crappy connection.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
HIxsSV, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We would like to apologize that your stay was just average. Our goal is to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. This is not typical of our facility. Although we are currently in process of replacing all our pillows with brand new ones, we will certainly be investigating the comfort of our beds.Also we are working with our local internet provider to upgrade service & install fiber optics. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Although I usually stay at a Hampton Inn when travelling, I thought I'd try a Holiday Inn-Express for a change. I wasn't disappointed. The room we stayed in was very large with a king-size bed. But more important, it was very clean and made up very well. The bed was very comfortable. The hotel desk staff were very pleasant and knowledgeable. What really impressed us was the great hot breakfast that was included--bacon, eggs, pancakes, pastries, etc. etc. A great choice for a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
HIxsSV, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time to complete a review. We are so please you enjoyed the choices of breakfast while staying at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Shelbyville KY. Our entire staff from the front desk employees to the housekeeping department go the extra mile to ensure cleanliness and comfort for every guest who stays with us. We appreciate you acknowledging our efforts. We hope to have the pleasure of accommodating you again.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stopped on our way home after Christmas. The room was large, well-lit and clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was the standard fare. In short, it met our expectations fully. The only minor glitches were that one key didn't work (no problem, as the other one did) and the room could have used a second waste basket. I would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We are so happy you stopped at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Shelbyville KY on your way home and your expectations were met fully. Our goal is to ensure every guests stay is comfortable and relaxing. We apologize for one of your two door keys not working and we are taking into consideration adding a second waste basket per your suggestion. Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. We gladly welcome them as it helps us to serve you better. Should you travel this way in the future, we love to have you stay with us again.

Thank you!