“Bad stay” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Waxhaw
“Bad stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We had stayed at this motel 6 yrs ago. Something has happened since then. We asked for a nonsmoking room, received a room that stunk like a smoking room and mildew. Sheets had a cigarette burn hole in it and a nasty stain. Breakfast apple juice was watered down to the point you could hardly taste apple. I will not stay here again. What a disappointment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

lexkinnari, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
This review is for Days Inn Frankfort., KY. Please remove my contact information from their account. Thank you.
Kim Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Osage Beach
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The service at checkin was friendly and pleasant. For whatever reason, I was given a handicap room and put at the very end of the building. Upon entering the room, it was freezing . I turned on the heat and was comfortable within minutes. The problem then was that I could not control the heat and it got too warm. So my choice was too cold ot too warm. Not good for sleeping. I also notices that there was a space under the door of about a half inch, that if repaired might save electricity. My only other complaint is that the free wifi would not stay on. I'd get it for a few minutes than lose it try for quite some time and get it back only to lose it again a few minutes later. It was very frustrating. The breakfast was delicious and a good selection. In general the stay was pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is valuable to us and lets us know where improvement is needed. I apologize about the thermostat control not working properly. My maintenance engineer has fixed the thermostat and adjusted the door to cover the gap. I am very happy you enjoyed the breakfast. Please come and visit us again when you are in the area.
BARTLETT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

1). First room I was put in, the TV had been put on "closed caption", and no one knew how to remove it.
2). I was given a different room with a good TV. Spent the night, left the next morning to go to my appointments. Came in that night, and found that the room was not cleaned, nor had it even been entered.
3). I was given another room (3rd one), and finally all things worked as they should. Left the hotel questioning if I would consider comong back.

The young lady that was on the night shift was very embaressed, and did everything she could to correct the problems. I give her a "Gold" star for how she handled it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

lexkinnari, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Mr. Jarvis,

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed. I spoke with the head housekeeper, to train the ladies to turn TV ON, change channel, and turn volume up and down to ensure remote works and Closed Caption is reset. If it does not work, they have to write a note to inform maintenance man.

I apologize for my desk clerk who did not follow thru when you were moved from room 107 to 111. The desk clerk's oversight caused for your room to be left dirty.
I have shared your positive comment with her.

I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality.

Fayetteville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were tired and needed a few hours sleep. We chose the Days Inn because the other hotels nearby weren't national chains. Check in was fine but the room was not good at all. The bathroom was old and dirty and the toilet seat broke off. As we checked out, the clerk couldn't find record of our stay so he wanted our credit card again even though we had a receipt from check in. Breakfast was cold, hard biscuits with something that looked like gravy. We opted to find breakfast elsewhere. We didn't expect a fancy hotel but did expect clean and workable. Sorry we can't recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
lexkinnari, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed. .

The biscuits are country style therefore the texture seems hard but they are soft on the inside. The best way to enjoy them is to cut it open and warm it up for 10-15 seconds and then pour on the gravy. I'm sure if you tried the gravy, you would have enjoyed it. I have always received great compliments about our gravy.

I do apologize about the toilet seat breaking off in your room. I will address housekeeping to note this on maintenance work order so we will not have this problem in other rooms. I will also bring to their attention to better clean the bathroom. I know my property is old, but my staff and I strive to keep it clean and comfortable.

When I get to the property, I will make an adjustment to your bill and send you the copies of the receipt in the mail for you.

I do hope you give us another chance when you are in the area.

Kim Patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East
BEST WESTERN Shelbyville Lodge
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Louisville East
Extended Stay America - Louisville - Alliant Avenue

Been to Red Roof Inn Shelbyville? Share your experiences!