“Business Trip - Sales Calls” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Shelbyville

Red Roof Inn Shelbyville
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
BARTLETT
“Business Trip - Sales Calls”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

1). First room I was put in, the TV had been put on "closed caption", and no one knew how to remove it.
2). I was given a different room with a good TV. Spent the night, left the next morning to go to my appointments. Came in that night, and found that the room was not cleaned, nor had it even been entered.
3). I was given another room (3rd one), and finally all things worked as they should. Left the hotel questioning if I would consider comong back.

The young lady that was on the night shift was very embaressed, and did everything she could to correct the problems. I give her a "Gold" star for how she handled it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

lexkinnari, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Mr. Jarvis,

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn.

Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed. I spoke with the head housekeeper, to train the ladies to turn TV ON, change channel, and turn volume up and down to ensure remote works and Closed Caption is reset. If it does not work, they have to write a note to inform maintenance man.

I apologize for my desk clerk who did not follow thru when you were moved from room 107 to 111. The desk clerk's oversight caused for your room to be left dirty.
I have shared your positive comment with her.

Kim Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We were tired and needed a few hours sleep. We chose the Days Inn because the other hotels nearby weren't national chains. Check in was fine but the room was not good at all. The bathroom was old and dirty and the toilet seat broke off. As we checked out, the clerk couldn't find record of our stay so he wanted our credit card again even though we had a receipt from check in. Breakfast was cold, hard biscuits with something that looked like gravy. We opted to find breakfast elsewhere. We didn't expect a fancy hotel but did expect clean and workable. Sorry we can't recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
lexkinnari, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed. .

The biscuits are country style therefore the texture seems hard but they are soft on the inside. The best way to enjoy them is to cut it open and warm it up for 10-15 seconds and then pour on the gravy. I'm sure if you tried the gravy, you would have enjoyed it. I have always received great compliments about our gravy.

I do apologize about the toilet seat breaking off in your room. I will address housekeeping to note this on maintenance work order so we will not have this problem in other rooms. I will also bring to their attention to better clean the bathroom. I know my property is old, but my staff and I strive to keep it clean and comfortable.

When I get to the property, I will make an adjustment to your bill and send you the copies of the receipt in the mail for you.

I do hope you give us another chance when you are in the area.

Arlington Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have stayed here twice while on the road. The first time we were forced to find a hotel because of bad weather, the second time we chose it because of our pleasant experience the first time. The rooms are clean and updated. Nothing super fancy, but a good value for the money. There is a mini frig, microwave, coffeemaker and hairdryer. Breakfast is continental plus biscuits & gravy and waffles. It is exactly as described in the hotel overview. Friendly service and rates that can't be beat! Plus, they are pet friendly!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

This hotel was not to our liking. The room was in disrepair especially the bathroom. There was nothing redeeming about the location either. No fine dining or great breakfast places, not even an open gas station to fuel up. My husband didn't even want to stay the night but we were too tired to drive further. I would not recommend this motel but I do value Wyndham Rewards program.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
lexkinnari, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn. I will make sure the hand bar is installed in the bath tub. The nearest open gas station is about 1/2 a mile from the motel. Claudia Sander's Dinner House, one of the fine dining, is only 2 miles. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Olathe, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

The hotel was alright. On the older side. Decent value for the money. The bed was really hard though so be prepared for that if you stay. As for dining options, I would highly suggest the Asian Buffet nearby (within walking distance if you're so inclined). It includes crab legs and is very reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
lexkinnari, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay at our Days Inn. We take pride in the work we do and always appreciate it immensely when a guest notices.
It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests, and I have shared your comments with the staff.
We look forward to your next stay at our Days Inn.
Muskegon, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

This hotel was straight from the 70's in decor. We were told that all rooms were non smoking, yet we could smell the smoke in our room, and we had ash trays in the room as well. The room was a bit small, especially the bathroom. There was barely even room to open the door to get out of the bathroom. My parents had a single bed room and it was tiny. Our room was fairly clean, but very out of date. The beds were OK, but the mattress was very hard, like sleeping on a piece plywood. The breakfast was pretty worthless. It had biscuits/gravy, waffles, apple, bananas, and 2 kinds of cereal. That was it. And there was hardly anything left with not many people staying at the hotel. For an out of date, dilapidated hotel, the price wasn't that great either.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dhewie
Our success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay. we strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain high standards.
We have replaced mattresses in most of our rooms. Currently, we are working on replacing mattresses in 18 guest rooms. We also have plans to replace the drapes, paint the building and upstairs guest rooms.
I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality. I would like to offer you one free night stay at our Days Inn. Please call us at 502-633-4005 when making your reservation.
Pittstown, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

it was the most discusting place i have ever stayed in. the mattress's were i would have to say about 20 years old at least, they were stained with urine, as were the blankets. the bathroom smelled and part of the toilet was made of plastic. the smoke alarms were non existant, just wires hanging from the wall. i wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. absolutely discusting.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
lexkim, Manager at Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, responded to this review, December 31, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed. We are working on replacing the old mattresses. I apologize about the COFFEE stains on the mattress. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East
BEST WESTERN Shelbyville Lodge
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Louisville East
Extended Stay America - Louisville - Alliant Avenue

Been to Red Roof Inn Shelbyville? Share your experiences!