“Don't Waste your money”

Red Roof Inn Shelbyville
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed June 19, 2011

This hotel was straight from the 70's in decor. We were told that all rooms were non smoking, yet we could smell the smoke in our room, and we had ash trays in the room as well. The room was a bit small, especially the bathroom. There was barely even room to open the door to get out of the bathroom. My parents had a single bed room and it was tiny. Our room was fairly clean, but very out of date. The beds were OK, but the mattress was very hard, like sleeping on a piece plywood. The breakfast was pretty worthless. It had biscuits/gravy, waffles, apple, bananas, and 2 kinds of cereal. That was it. And there was hardly anything left with not many people staying at the hotel. For an out of date, dilapidated hotel, the price wasn't that great either.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dhewie
lexkinnari, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn.
Our success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay. we strive to provide excellent service and accommodations at an affordable price. Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain high standards.
We have replaced mattresses in most of our rooms. Currently, we are working on replacing mattresses in 18 guest rooms. We also have plans to replace the drapes, paint the building and upstairs guest rooms.
I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to extend our usual hospitality. I would like to offer you one free night stay at our Days Inn. Please call us at 502-633-4005 when making your reservation.
Kim Patel

Reviewed October 13, 2010

it was the most discusting place i have ever stayed in. the mattress's were i would have to say about 20 years old at least, they were stained with urine, as were the blankets. the bathroom smelled and part of the toilet was made of plastic. the smoke alarms were non existant, just wires hanging from the wall. i wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy. absolutely discusting.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
lexkim, Manager at Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to let me know where improvement is needed. We are working on replacing the old mattresses. I apologize about the COFFEE stains on the mattress. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in !!!! The room was not only dirty but the beds were not even good enough for bed bugs !!!! There was no internet access as advertised ! Sure , great big parking lot - I would of rather stayed in that lot !! I I didn't sleep , just waited till morning so I could switch to another hotel . I had arrived very late ! Did I mention the URINE STAINS !!!! YES URINE STAINS ON THE QUILT AND MATTRESS !! BOTH SIDES OF THE MATTRESS !!! Yes I flipped mattress over to see if maybe I could lie down without pee BUT no such luck !!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2009

This motel is outside of town but easily reached from I-64 or US 60. The check-in clerk was friendly and the motel was clean. Our room was a typical moderately priced room with 2 double beds, a table, chair, and nice TV with many channels. The tub and toilet were in a separate room and the sink had a large counter. There is a safe in the room, which is added to the price of the room. If you don't use it, be sure to ask for it to be removed from the bill when you check out. That was done with no problem. The internet was not working. The evening clerk worked on the router with no success. The morning clerk found that the modem wasn't working. ( Add this information to your help-tips when traveling). The breakfast was simple but plentiful and the small room was quite cheerful and clean. There are nearby restaurants; we recommend the Asian Buffet next door.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We stayed two nights at this hotel in Shebyville to save some money while we visited the Louisville area. The hotel is conveniently located (about 20 mins to downtown Louisville) and has the typical chain and fastfood restaurants near it. Close to the interstate, but quiet. The hotel was clean, and offered a basic breakfast. The rooms were a bit small but we really only needed a place to sleep, and thats what we got.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Best Western Shelbyville Lodge
0 mi away
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 5 in Shelbyville
Ramada Shelbyville/Louisville East
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Louisville East

Been to Red Roof Inn Shelbyville? Share your experiences!