“Delicious Food/Great Atmosphere”

Bell House Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Shelbyville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Newburgh, Indiana
“Delicious Food/Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I was in town over the weekend for a class and on the advice of locals, I ate dinner here. When the waitress brought out my dish, I wished I had my camera. It was almost too pretty to eat. The Chipotle Shrimp and Mango Salad included sauteed shrimp with a sweet and savory chipotle rub on a bed of mixed greens with feta cheese, fresh mango salsa, a smooth hummus dressing and toasted flat bread points. Yum! And to top off this feast I enjoyed a piece of their coconut cream pie. All of their food is made from scratch including the desserts. The service was great and I loved the homey atmosphere. This is definitely a place I will go again next time I’m in the area.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank lynhe

Seattle, WA
“A perfect lunch spot”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Bell House is in a lovely restored old home with tasteful furnishings. The staff is very friendly and eager to please. Everybody loved what they ordered for lunch: from burgers to quiche. We also loved the homemade desserts: a petite praline and coconut creme pie. We'll be sure to return when we're in the area.

Visited April 2012
3 Thank TravelFunSeattle
Shelbyville KY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The part that wasn't mediocre was bland or stale.”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Had lunch at Bell House the other day. My first time there. I had the meatloaf sandwich. Ordered potato salad with it. The meatloaf was seasoned too sweet, and the slice of meat was rather small. Didn't really care for it. And the potato salad was made with stale potatoes. I ate most of it, but it was not tasty. Wasn't rotten either, but it wasn't good.

I've given Bell House a try - now I don't have to do that again. I thought perhaps I'd plan for a dinner trip sometime soon, but really, why bother? If they can't get lunch right, they probably won't do that well on dinner either. So I'm done with Bell House. Might give them another chance in a couple years to see if they've done any better, but they'd have to do superbly if they wanted to keep me or anyone I know.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank RichMiles
Shelbyville, Kentucky
“Best Creme Brule!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Went here for lunch and was pleasently surprised! Hot Brown was magnificant, house blend tea was wonderful, but the dessert was just the best I have tasted in years! Presentation was fabulous, atmosphere was very nice, staff was courtesous and friendly. Very nice experience.

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Newatthis03
New Albany, Ohio
“Very nice”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Went to this restaurant with my husband for Valentine's Day dinner. It was great! Great service and great food. Very nice presentation. Attention to details. We had a great time and would go to this restaurant again.

• Visited February 2012