“Terrible!!!”
Review of Del Frisco's

Del Frisco's
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“Terrible!!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We have frequented this restuarant for many years, and have generally been satisfied, but last night took the cake. My wife and I were celebrating my 75th birthday. Here is a list of the abysmal experience:
--Waiter we had requested was not available. They assigned him to a private party. Didn't inform us ahead of time, or we wouldn't have made the reservation.
--Prime Rib combo was ordered "medium rare"--delivered well-done. Replacement was just as bad.
--Lobster tail was supposed to be 8-10 ounces. Couldn't have been more than 4. You aren't supposed to even harvest lobster with tails that small!
--Baked potato was so cold it wouldn't even melt the butter I put on it.
--Our waiter fine, though he was frustrated--I could tell.
The real issue is--don't go there when they are having a "party." The place makes everyone else secondary. We won't be going back. Louisville has many fine steak houses, abd Del Frisco's used to be one. No more.

Stu Sampson
Louisville, KY

• Visited April 2013

Owensboro, Kentucky
“Meat entrees were good but...”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We came on the recommendation of friends. The restaurant is very pricey. That being said you expect service to match the price. The waiter was very good. The servers were not. I got prime rib. It came sitting in the au jus. When the server, (not the waiter), set it before me he spilled the au jus all over the table cloth. It was a mess. No offer to put on a new table cloth or even an apology. All sides are extra and they are pricey sides. We wound up being seated by a table that came after us that was a birthday party and had screaming babies. When you pay those prices you expect a quiet, romantic setting. A party that large should not have been seated in a room that had all four top tables. Parties should be in a separate room.Just my opinion : ) I was disappointed in this restaurant. The entrees were very good. The sides were "ok". The salad had so much dressing you thought you ordered the dressing and they put salad on it. I would not recommend this restaurant to friends.

• Visited April 2013
Jamestown KY
“Unbelievably disappointing!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

First... Arrived around 6:30. Host ask if we had a reservation. We didn't. He seated us in an empty dining room! We were the only table for an hour and a half! Food mediocre at vey best and UNBELIEVABLY overpriced! I had the large Prime Rib. $30 and it just was not a good cut of meat. The $6 potato was my highlight. Wife's salmon was "OK" according to her. We both drank water and tab was $83. It was no wonder the place was empty! May be time to shut the doors!

• Visited March 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were really looking forward to our Valentine's dinner at Del Frisco's. Unfortunately it did not live up to our expectations. The service was mediocre at best. We both ordered the filet and shrimp. My filet was terrible. It was fatty and tough. My fiance's was a little better. So I decided to send my steak back. About 20 minutes later, as my fiance was finishing his meal and his plate was being cleared, I inquired about my steak. The waiter said he "wasn't sure what happened to it, must have gotten served to another table"! I told him to just take it off the bill. I would have thought sending a steak back and this caliber of a restaurant would have gotten better response from the waiter, and at the very least a visit from a manager. We got neither. The shrimp was not that good either. We definitely won't be back. Ruth's Chris much better steak and service.

• Visited February 2013
Louisville
“Disappointing food and experience”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Del Frisco's on New Year's Eve. My first clue should have been this was the only steakhouse in town I could get a reservation at the last minute. The shrimp part of the shrimp cocktail was not as fresh as it should have been. The sauce was good. Their specialty green side dish of spinach, fried egg, cheese and bacon is something I would expect to find at Denny's at 3am. My filet was surrounded by a layer of pure fat. At Ruth's Chris, every bite is delicious. This filet was more like a piece of prime rib that you have to cut around. I love to support local Louisville favorite when worthy. This one is not. The decor is drab and old, as other reviewers have indicated. I would highly recommend going to Ruth's Chris, Jeff Ruby's or Eddie Merlots instead.

• Visited December 2012