“Beat steak in Louisville”
Review of Del Frisco's

Del Frisco's
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2011

By far beats steaks I've had in the Louisville area! All of the sides are delicious also

There are newer reviews for Del Frisco's

Reviewed September 1, 2011

This place is amazing! My wife and I went there just wanting to try something new, the food was GREAT!,and our waiter was very nice and even gave us complementary dessert.
Although a little out of our price range we left feeling completely satisfied.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

THE GOOD: Wonderful ambiance with low lighting, surprisingly in a strip mall. Easy parking. Host friendliness. Good house merlot. Relaxing guitar music.
THE BAD:
1. Their website said the chateaubriand-for-2 was $55.95, but upon arrival, the menu--& what was charged--was $60.xx. The 6"D-plate salad did not equal the ambiance or price. After half eaten, waiter offered the crushed pepper. Too much salad dressing for the amount of lettuce.
2. The cold butter would not melt in the baked potato.
3. MEDIUM-ordered steak served RARE.
4. Left patron with no sides to munch on while they corrected the meat (took the whole plate) while other patron's food got cold waiting to eat at the same time.
5. To correct the rare, they re-cooked the same piece of meat, making it WELL DONE.
6. To correct that, they prepared a 2nd steak. It came RARE again. The plate was so hot that it enabled the steak to keep cooking, but had to have more time to wait for the steak to cook at the table.
8. The 2"D phunque-stuffed tomato was about half the size of years before.
9. Veggies tasted pre-frozen-rubbery.
10. Bland bread.
11. Full price charged for the bad meal.
12. Did not provide an itemized receipt. Motive: retard customer memory?

1  Thank Flyboy5930
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I went to this restaurant with some business colleagues who live in Louisville. The restaurant was off of a main road and would be hard to find without a GPS or good directions.

I had a great filet that was well prepared. The ceasar salad was good as was their unique veggie dish you have to try. The restaurant is in a strip mall and is far from the nicest setting I have been in. However, I didn't see any real issues and the steak was great.

I would rate the steak here only behind the Jack Fry restaurant and not by a lot. I would definitely go back here.

1  Thank DrCrimson
Reviewed April 1, 2011

This place is a joke! We came here because of the apparent history & under the auspice that a longstanding landmark would bear palatable fruit. Quite the opposite. The service was deplorable. Upon entry, the hostess stand was abuzz with congregating gossipers interrupted to greet me. Once sat, we looked on as servers and teenagers visited other tables and dropped off food. Once we finally were greeted we asked to be moved to a less drafty seat not located beneath a filthy air duct.

The filth didn't stop there. Once reseated near a mantle I was eye level with a film of dust. Disgusting. Makes one wonder as to the condition of where they actually prepare the food. We made our no-meat (seafood permissible) dietary restrictions known. We ordered their take on oysters Rockefeller. It came with bacon- after we made clear that one restriction. Our sever should not have been ours. I even asked to have a different server due to a bad feeling I had about this guy. We were essentially taken care of by another server with some sense. Our original was too cowardice to apologize or even acknowledge this mistake. They had a decent selection of seafood fare and after ordering the crab legs we were left feeling just ok.

The unprofessionalism and uncleanliness was a major turn off, especially since Audrey, the owner, was seated in the same area. Upon leaving, we asked to speak to a manager about the lousy service, filthy mens room and generally dusty and dingy decor. We were told there was no manager on duty but were directed to her husband who was apparently a server. He was unsympathetic at best and had a snarky attitude when confronted with our concerns. Even old lady Frisco who was within ear-shot made no attempt to attend to my comments or make any apologies. We informed the manager stand-in that we would be leaving a review to warn others and he shrugged it off with obstinate disregard.

This place is filthy, dark and dingy and needs a facelift plus new management. The entire experience reflected terrible management, crumby customer service and an uppity arrogance. What a major let down to be so privileged to eat here. Skip this one for sure

1  Thank ElizabethM80