Cumberland Lodge Motel
    Very Good 4/5
    • Pool
    Good 3.5/5
    Great 4.5/5
    See what travelers are saying:
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed at this lodge while visiting family and I found the staff very friendly and my room was very clean. It was a very affordable price and we even got a hot breakfast! They had biscuits and gravy, bagels, oatmeal, cereal, fruits and other things. I would defintely recommend this hotel to other people coming to the area and we will stay here when we come to the area!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
    2  Thank Happy Guest g
    Reviewed August 13, 2011

The wallpaper is peeling and the shower curtain is the older kind that sticks to your body in the shower. Our bathtub drain was so slow it seemsed like a health hazard. The desk was informed about the drain but did not seem particularly interested. This was our last stay at this two-story motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
    3  Thank LeitaLuetta
    Reviewed July 11, 2011

We spent one night at the Cumberland Lodge while visiting family in Russell Springs this past weekend and couldn't have been more pleased with the cleanliness and comfort of the room for the price. All of the desk clerks I encountered were friendly & helpful. The pool area was nice. The continental breakfast was a surprise and was very good with hot biscuits & gravy, bagels, toast, cereal, oatmeal, donuts, coffee cake, etc. We will definitely plan on staying here when we visit again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
    2  Thank kms430
    Reviewed May 15, 2011

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the course of the past almost 5 years that I've been living on the road for work. Never been disappointed! The owners are a couple I've come to know a bit over the years, though I only met them and know them from staying at the hotel. They're great, local people and Cumberland Lodge is definitely the best hotel in town and for many miles around.

From what I've heard around town, I think this hotel was originally built as a Holiday Inn. So it's solid and quiet. I've never had a room there that wasn't clean and comfortable. Love that there is a fridge and microwave in every room. And it's always kept in excellent repair. Never had a problem of any kind. Breakfast features biscuits and gravy every morning. Front desk staff is always friendly and helpful in every way. Business center in lobby. Pool in season. And if you need anything that's not in the room, odds are they've got it at the front desk and will gladly help you out.

One of my favorite things at this hotel is the gift shop in the lobby. I've been searching for a purse that meets my certain very specific and picky specs for over a year. Found it there -- and it was less than $40 -- AND 100% of the money raised through the gift shop goes to help cancer patients who need help affording treatment or wigs or gas to get back and forth to chemo. Whatever a cancer patient needs that they can't afford, that's what the money goes to. And I know the lady who has the gift shop and distributes the money. She is a cancer survivor herself and knows every one of the recipients personally through her own treatments and connections. Not a cent of it goes to anything other than cancer patients in need. So I got a killer purse and got to help make the world a little bit better place at the same time. And while the gift shop is largely purses, they do have other items. And they had some of the most adorable things for kids when I was there a week before last. Alas, I do not have a child to shop for. So make sure to visit the gift shop. You just might find something you love, and you get to help humanity at the same time. Doesn't get any better than that!

Room Tip: I like 118 - King, handicapped n/s
    • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
    5  Thank greenbuck97
    Reviewed November 18, 2010

we travel a lot and spend many nights in different hotels, so it is our habit to check the bed linen > well, as we pulled the covers back we discovered hairs in the bed and the pillow was obviously used....some places just don't get it!!!! how can you expect a guest to sleep in a bed that has been used....this is definitely a motel that I will never stay in again, we actually left and did not spend the night there...dated motel, but there is nothing else in town

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business