“Does not deserve a rating!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed May 4, 2013

My family and I stayed here for two nights and we had very high expectation based upon the pictures that we saw when booking online... That didn't last for long after getting here! When checking in, we were greeted with a dog. My mother has lung disease and is so extremely allergic to animals, so we had booked under the pretense that this hotel didn't allow them. Guess we were wrong about that! The guy T the desk gave me our key and didnt tell me how to find our, so we ended up coming through an outside door into a hallway that smelled like urine, animal feces, and cigarettes. The fitness room was completely empty, there was sawdust on the floor, and once we got in our room we realized that there was dried urine on our toilet. We made due and spent a hour or two in the pool that night.
However, the next day it got worse. Hard to believe, but TRUE! We left for the morning so that housekeeping could clean our room. When we came back, all they had done was thrown the comforters back onto the bed. I had to ask multiple for more towels, the urine was still there, and they didn't refill any of the toiletries. We decided to go to the pool and found out where all of the housekeepers had gone to. They were all standing outside of the pool areas with the door open... Smoking! It got to the point that I had to go up the front desk to complain because my mother couldn't breath... And to ask for towels since they had been nonexistent till that point.
The clerk spoke to the housekeeping staff, but they were back less than thirty minutes later... Smirking at and giving us dirty looks. They had evidently invited family to use the pool as well because several of the staff was sitting and talking to a family who was there. They were loud, would not stop jumping into the shallow end of the pool, and one of there children kicked my child I the face.
This hotel was a horrible experience for my family. We had planned on making Comfort Suites our regular hotel, but we will stick to another chain. This place was my worst nightmare!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Savannah S

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Of course the lobby looked nice but once you got past that it was really bad. Carpet was dirty and ripped up in hallway. Shower head was stuck in one position and that was pointed to the wall. Just overall disgusting.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm sure it's their busiest night of the year....when all the spring break vacationers are heading north on I-75. We were glad to get a room, but it didn't have a pull out sofa. 3in a king size bed and one on small sofa. Old decor,carpet in poor condition etc. 5 min. After getting in room another family came to our door key in hand. 11:40 pm a call from front desk "just checking" to see if some one was in the room!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I am an Elite Diamond member with choice hotels. I stay about 80 nights a year at comfort suites. Haven't had a problem until this one. It reminds me of a 30 year old run down quality inn in the middle of some big
city. Shower had what looks like streaks of dried blood and dirt all on the wall, hallway smells terrible, bed is old and uncomfortable. I am not picky at all but this place shouldn't bare the comfort suites name. It makes the rest of them look bad and I assure you they are not. If you think about checking in here just walk up the hotel steps probably the grossest set of step I have seen outside of a city parking garage that had had homeless occupants.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Either this hotel will be sold soon or they are waiting to do a major remake. It is not a typical Comfort Suites. Having said that, the bed was comfortable.
Small old tv, carpet rough, tired. Price fit the hotel, $67 with discount.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Barblikestotravel
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Was supposed to get a double queen "suite". Ended up getting two full sized beds in what I consider a very outdated room. Bathroom lights didn't work. Called the front desk three times to get them fixed and nothing. Finally took the lights out myself and took to the front dest myself and the guy completely forgot. Said he would ask manager and still nothing. Piece of garbage place when there is much nicer I've stayed in in this town. So a big fat thumbs down. Will never stay here again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joe Z
Reviewed November 28, 2012

After getting a second room because the first smelled like a cigarette factory, we were met with a room that was just plain gross. Stains on the comforters, something unidentifiable splattered across the wallpaper along with burn holes in the sheets, this room was awful. My husband accuses me of being extremely particular and even snobby with my high expectations for hotels we stay at and even he was in complete agreement with me on this one. We used our Choice Hotel points and we will be contacting the Corporate office to try and get our points refunded. The only reason we stayed the night was because we drove almost ten hours and were exhausted. We've stayed at Comfort Suites across the country and are usually very impressed and comfortable but this was simply terrible! I'd rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple