“Great breakfast, sparkling, warm pool, and lots of extra support for my elderly dad.”

Hampton Inn Richmond
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We've stayed at this hotel twice and both times we were very pleased. Right off Rt.75 on the main drag into Richmond. A movie theater and a variety of resturants to choose from nearby. The pool was very clean and warmer than most. Quiet. Huge breakfast room with the best hotel breakfast I've seen, aside from the scrambled eggs which must have been powdered. The first time we went was with my teen son who was checking out EKU, just down the road. This time I went alone with my elderly dad and the front desk people went the extra mile to help me find the right resturants and services for him. Felt like family. This will be our regular hotel when our son is in school there next year.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Richmond

Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stopped here on our way south, after a long day on the road. The room was very clean, the beds fabulously comfortable, and the staff friendly. The free wi-fi is the icing on the cake.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Can't say enough about how nice this hotel is! Check in was great, the room was comfortable and the beds...ahhhh. Nice flat screen tv and room was very clean. Pool area well kept and the kids loved it! Breakfast was good as well. No complaints.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Stayed for one night and needed to be close to EKU for a school academic competition. Hotel is conveniently located off Interstate 75 and a multitude of restaurants, stores etc. Only one mile to EKU. Found it to be clean with no problems incurred during our stay. The students in our group enjoyed the indoor pool area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I stay frequently in the Richmond area on business many nights out of the year. I have "sampled" all the hotels in the area and the Hampton Inn is in a class all by itself. The main reason I've stayed at other places is because the Hampton Inn was sold out......and I know why. It's the best priced Hampton Inn all along I-75 in Kentucky (and I've pretty much stayed in all those as well). Their high-speed internet access is better than all the other hotels in town, as well as their breakfast. It's cleaner than all their competitors too (and I know, believe me). For example, They have a Holiday Inn Express next-door that's a newer property and it's in worse shape (cleanliness, high-speed internet, breakfast) than this Hampton Inn.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank DayTripperCincinnati
Reviewed September 14, 2009

My oldest child attends EKU so that brings me to Richmond several times a year. When I am in Richmond, this is where I stay. The Hampton Inn is everything a hotel should be! The staff is friendly, the rooms spacious and clean, indoor pool fun place to hang out, location great, etc. Keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2009

This hotel is clean, but that's about the only recommendation I can make for it. The free breakfast is the worst of any Hampton Inn I have stayed in (and I have stayed in dozens) the fruit usually offered with breakfast is a pile of bananas and apples, the 'hot breakfast' is nasty and usually consists of very institutional looking scrambled eggs either with sausage or tiny pieces of ham, there are not enough tables for guests eating breakfast so unless you make it down there at 6am you have to take the food to your room. There is no in room fridge or microwave, the bathroom in the room we stayed in was very very small & the air conditioner noisy. On a few days the towels left in our room were quite threadbare. In spite of others giving this hotel 'rave reviews' it fell short of what I expected in a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple