“Wonderful night sleep”

Hampton Inn Richmond
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The hotel was very clean. Even though there was no vacancy, the room remained quiet throughout the night and there was plenty of open tables in the large, clean breakfast area. The best part of our stay was the extremely comfortable bed. I appreciate that they are concerned about the environment with water conservation, but need to also provide recycling in the room. It was a nice surprise to have microwave and refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jerry748, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Thank you for the words of encouragment, as well as your suggestion. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is my second stay at the Hampton Inn in Richmond. This stay was much better than my last. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The complementary breakfast was decent and had variety throughout the week. The staff was friendly and attentive. Location is excellent. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: My room on the 3rd floor was equipped with a hot tub. Not sure if all of them have these but if thi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so very much for your return visit. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Such a nice place to stay! It's as if every need one might have has been anticipated AND provided. Clean and comfortable . . . all one needs for overnight accommodations! Also, the location is IDEAL, right off Interstate.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

You are welcome! We want to make sure you have what you need when you visit us!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband & I stayed here on our way home from Buffalo, NY. I had stayed here in May on my way back from Buffalo with my parents. The staff is wonderful The hotel is located right off the interstate with many restaurants to choose from. The breakfast here is wonderful. The eggs they make are like an omelet. The room was wonderful. The only problem was the rug under the air conditioning was wet. This was 1st room on left on ground floor. Did not report it because we left early the next morning. But otherwise a great hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind and informative words. Your input is greatly appreciated and will be put into action. I will pass along the compliments to our staff!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very comfortable accomodations escecially for the business traveler. Central location. Good breakfast. Would definitely stay here again Reasonable and comparable rates. Great for business travel or other.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you! We are always striving to make sure our accomodations are well-suited for our business travelers!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked two rooms. One was great. Went to the other and noticed a strange smell. Like the room had recently been fumigated. It gave my wife and I headaches in a couple of minutes. They were very full but they did move us from a King Room to one with two queens. They then moved us to this non-smoking room and the first smell we hit when we entered the room was smoke. We thought we could live with that. Then in the middle of the night I went to the bathroom and when I finished I discovered the stool was plugged up and then in the morning we found out that the bathtub & shower drain was also plugged. I informed the desk when we checked out and they did say they were sorry we had so many problems.

Room Tip: Check your room before you check in at this facility.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jerry748, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Meeting and exceeding your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. I apologize if there was a bad odor in both of the rooms you stayed and if there were some maintenance issues in your room.

The issues you experienced are not normally a reflection of the standards we hold ourselves to. Your feedback will be reviewed with our entire management team to be addressed immediately. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Thank again you for your time and valued feedback. If I can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We where on the road and we were going to book the holiday inn across the street because my daughter wanted a pool (indoor since we stayed in the fall) but the holiday inn was booked, so next choice the Hampton inn. I read on the website that there was a "pool" didn't say indoor or outdoor, so we called. They told us that it was indoor,So we booked us a room. Upon our arrival. We find out that the pool is closed because of being painted and there was no water in the pool. We had especially picked this hotel because it had a indoor pool. My daughter was very upset. But what I want to know is when someone calls about a pool or calls and makes a reservation, wouldn't you think that they would notify you that the pool was out of order. Other than that everything was good. The stairs where really convient and close to my room since I don't do elevators. We where able to have a Little of the complementary breakfast which was good, but if you need to be out in a jiffy and don't have time, they can give you a breakfast bag. I recommend this hotel to anyone that wishes to stay, but just know that they might not tell you about anything until after you paid.

• Stayed: October 2013