“What a disappointment”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Shirley, In
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked two rooms. One was great. Went to the other and noticed a strange smell. Like the room had recently been fumigated. It gave my wife and I headaches in a couple of minutes. They were very full but they did move us from a King Room to one with two queens. They then moved us to this non-smoking room and the first smell we hit when we entered the room was smoke. We thought we could live with that. Then in the middle of the night I went to the bathroom and when I finished I discovered the stool was plugged up and then in the morning we found out that the bathtub & shower drain was also plugged. I informed the desk when we checked out and they did say they were sorry we had so many problems.

Room Tip: Check your room before you check in at this facility.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Jerry748, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is a valuable component in monitoring our success and identifying areas that need improvement.

Meeting and exceeding your expectations is our primary objective and I apologize that we fell short of that goal. I apologize if there was a bad odor in both of the rooms you stayed and if there were some maintenance issues in your room.

The issues you experienced are not normally a reflection of the standards we hold ourselves to. Your feedback will be reviewed with our entire management team to be addressed immediately. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Thank again you for your time and valued feedback. If I can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We where on the road and we were going to book the holiday inn across the street because my daughter wanted a pool (indoor since we stayed in the fall) but the holiday inn was booked, so next choice the Hampton inn. I read on the website that there was a "pool" didn't say indoor or outdoor, so we called. They told us that it was indoor,So we booked us a room. Upon our arrival. We find out that the pool is closed because of being painted and there was no water in the pool. We had especially picked this hotel because it had a indoor pool. My daughter was very upset. But what I want to know is when someone calls about a pool or calls and makes a reservation, wouldn't you think that they would notify you that the pool was out of order. Other than that everything was good. The stairs where really convient and close to my room since I don't do elevators. We where able to have a Little of the complementary breakfast which was good, but if you need to be out in a jiffy and don't have time, they can give you a breakfast bag. I recommend this hotel to anyone that wishes to stay, but just know that they might not tell you about anything until after you paid.

• Stayed October 2013
gainesville, florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

this was a good location for our stay while attending the Ky/Florida Football game. It was near good restaurants and shopping too. the staff were courteous and helpful. We did find it quiet and the room was comfortable. The breakfast was good and they were nice to give us a wake up call each day. The Wireless was easy to use and get access to in the room. This is very important to us.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jerry748, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
We are pleased to have gotten the opportunity to have you as our guest! We continually strive to make sure we meet our guest's expectations. We hope to see you again!
Morrow, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night and were VERY satisfied with the accommodations. We were pleased to get a discount on the rate as AAA members. I only wish we had arrived earlier that evening so that we could have used the indoor pool. It looked wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jerry748, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you! We strive to make every visit from our AAA members as perfect as possible!
Irmo, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This hotel is the worst Hampton Inn I have stayed at in years. Appears to be poorly managed!! Changed rooms several times because of dirty linens (blood and hair) and very bad smells. Front desk clerk not very helpful although another hotel employee appeared to be somewhat understanding. It was late so we stayed! Best to check sheets before you sleep!! We are Hilton Gold so we speak from experience when we say terrible!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Pamela T
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding our cleanliness. I very much apologize if you found your linens to not be properly cleaned. I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Walden, Tenn
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is an older Hampton Inn, at Exit 87 off I-75 in the midst of a usual commercial warren of cheap restaurants and other hotels. No atmosphere in the neighborhood, but inside the hotel walls you will find the full array of usual Hampton Inn amenities, including pool, fitness center, and large breakfast area. I have to say my experience was not flawless with a long wait at check in, incorrect keys given me and rather laconic front desk staff. But, the room was fine, everything about the hotel was as expected, and my stay was just fine. No reason to shy away from this Hampton at all--not the best one I've visited but perfectly satisfactory.

Room Tip: The elevator is very slow. A first floor room would save you time.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We want to make sure every experience you have at every Hampton Inn is the best it could possibly be. We appreciate your comments/concerns, and are always thankful for any input from our guests. This helps us to improve! We also thank you for your positive comments!
Centerville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel staff was friendly and professional. They were accommodating for an early check in so we could be unpacked and attend a campus event. The room décor is outdated. The pillows were wonderful but offset by the beds which were hard as rocks. Internet access was easy and fast. Location convenient to multiple restaurants and easy highway access.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your stay. We are always making improvements in any area our guests suggest. We appreciate your input, and are always putting it to good use.