“Good trip with the kids”

Hampton Inn Richmond
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Glasgow, Kentucky, United States
“Good trip with the kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

This Hampton Inn was nice and well maintained. The staff was friendly and courteous (especially the ladies overseeing breakfast - they deserve an extra thanks and pat on the back).

The room was comfortable and clean, as was the bathroom. Our only complaint was that the indoor pool (one of our main reasons for choosing this hotel) was too cold to be comfortable. After trying it, we couldn't bring ourselves to brave it. The hot tub itself was nice and warm, but something was either out of whack or not working. When you turned the jets on, the water was jumping a foot and a half above the surface. It was like "relaxing" in a geyser at Yellowstone. Also, there was something in the water that made both of our eyes sting. This was certainly not a dealbreaker, but we would have changed it if we could.

As I mentioned above, breakfast was really good and the two ladies watching it were VERY friendly. All in all, a very nice place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jerry748, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our breakfast staff. I will be sure to pass along your words of encouragement to them.

We also appreciate any feedback we can receive concerning our facility, such as our indoor hot tub. This helps us to maintain/address any issues that are of concern to our guests, as our wish is to have all our guests as return visitors!

Thank you again for your visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I'll start by saying the room, breakfast and staff were great. But if you chose this location due to the indoor pool and hot tub, Pick a different place. The pool was really cold from what you'd expect and an indoor family friendly hotel. The hot tub was just plane NASTY. It was missing grout, the jets had been re-done so it just bubbled and didn't hit you back at all, but the worst is the smell....It smelled like dirty gym socks bad!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am so sorry that you found our tub to be in bad condition and that it smelled bad. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Where to begin? We wanted somewhere to stay 1/2 between our house and TN. We chose this Hampton Inn. I was on hold forever with the main 800 Hampton number. So, I called the main number of the hotel several times and it rang and rang forever!(That should have been a sign) Then the one time I got thru I asked the guy if I could make the reservation with him directly, because I was on hold so long with the 800 Hampton number. He told me that they were changing shifts and this was not a good time and could I call back. What???!!! I used to work at a very large hotel and I would never had said that to a customer. I would have asked for their number and called them back. I finally got thru on the 800 number. In our room the light shade near the headboards on the left was torn. The coffee pot/machine looked dirty! The faucet in the bathroom looked moldy under the handle. Bottom of the tub looked dirty. Underneath the sink counter was filthy!! The pool was cold. The jacuzzi looked dirty and smelled!! I checked for bed bugs and I did not find any. The only good thing was our mattress was firm and we had a good nights sleep. Ok. So, in the morning I wanted the hotel to be aware of the things that we found in our room and in the hotel, so they could improve on them. My husband was telling the desk clerk my list when she stopped him. She said."Look When people come down complaining they usually want something for free and since your wife has this long list I will just give you your night for free. That was not our point at all! I was hoping she would pass on our issues so they could work on them. My husband was so mad at how she talked to him that she wanted to go back in, but I said let it go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jerry748, Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your visit and information regarding your visit.

We wish to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. This is highly unusual at our location, and there will be follow-up involved with the personnel. We wish every visit by every guest to as pleasant as it can possibly be, and your input will help us to maintain that goal.
york, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here last night and had a great night's sleep. Our room was clean and quiet. We had a fridge and micro. They have an indoor pool, which we didn't use, that looked nice and clean and warm. Breakfast was the typical Hampton Inn fare. I would recommend this location to anyone.

Room Tip: We had a 2nd floor room and it was big and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Our staff wants to make sure every visit with us is as pleasant an experience as possible for all our guests.

We appreciate your words of encouragement, and look forward to a return visit by you!
louisville, ky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed there on a business trip and couldnt have been more pleased. Staff was super friendly, place was extremely clean and well kept.Beautiful furnsihings, bathroom was actually "spa like " Breakfast was great. Love the "to go " breakfast bags " for those on the run. Conveniently located to several restaurants and shopping centers. My only complaint would be that I dislike the comforters at Hampton Inns, a lot of people love them and in fact , I think you can actually purchase them. I'm just not a fan of the Puffs..they tend to be lumpy . Great pool and fitness center available.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jerry748, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your stay! We appreciate your opinion/s, and take every measure to make sure they are part of our continued success.

If duvets are not your preference, each of our room comes equipped with a lighter blanket in the storage closet. Our staff will be more than happy to get you as many as you will need.

Thank you again for stopping by!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Wonderful, friendly staff with clean, comfy rooms, yummy breakfast, and all for a great price. The only thing negative would be the flavorless sausage at breakfast, but everything else was very yummy. Beds were great, rooms were clean. Pool and hot tub were clean and nice :) Told the staff when checking in the we were on our way to Gatlinburg to get married and the guy in training made an error booking us in, which was really no big deal. And they gave us a 15% discount. :) They were so kind!

• Stayed March 2013
Congratulations and thank you for your stay during your trip to Gatlinburg!

I will be sure to pass along your kind words to the staff, who are more than happy to make sure your experience at our location is a memorable one!
Manchester, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

We live app. 3 hours from Lexington and had business to do there and wanted to go up the night before. Because of state high school basketball tournament, hotels in Lexington were full (except for smoking rooms, yuck). So we looked in Richmond, just 20 miles south, and we have to pass through there on our way to Lexington, so no big deal. I liked that the room and bathroom were quite large--more elbow room for our family of 4. The beds were not comfortable, but the linens were clean and I liked that the bedspread was more like a down duvet. Breakfast had many options including hot cheese omelets and ham, bagels, muffins, waffles, fruit and a wide variety of condiments for everything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TamaraC17
We appreciate you staying with us on your trip to Lexington.

Your kind words are most appreciated, and please know that your concerns are given priority as well. We want every guest satisfied!