“a great place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
A TripAdvisor Member
“a great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great hotel, we have stayed many times and it is always consistent. We love that they accept dogs, as we often travel with ours. The beds were great ,the rooms very clean and well appointed. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a microwave and frig, which is very nice to have.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

The innn was packed the night we stayed due to bad winter weather causing people to pull off early. This did not affect the quality of service in any way. The staff were friendly and efficient. The inn is about three quaters of a mile from the interstate and appears to be isolated. However, a return toward the I 75 quickly gets you to a variety of restaurants. The room was very clean and comfortable. I reserved a handicap accessbile room and this one was outfitted with a walk-in shower which I very much appreciated. The only negative comment is that the tollet is too low if you have weak legs. The bathroom is outfitted with handrails.. The beds are comfortable. The internet is easy to access and there is a good selection of TV channels. The breakfast was standard La Quinta fare. The dining area is well setup for access to the food. The price was extremely reasonable and if you are traveling with dog(s) this is a great location with plenty of room to walk..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stay at La Quinta Inn & Suites fairly often when we travel by car because they are very pet friendly. We had stayed at this particular one about 3 years ago and vowed "never again." The entire place smelled, wasn't clean, bed was awful, heating/ac system extremely loud, staff was unfriendly, poor reception on our tv, not so great breakfast -- everything!! Well, we were pretty much "forced" to stay here again on our way to FL, because the weather was so awful. What a change. No more smell!!! Very friendly and helpful staff, especially at check in. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was ok. Brand new tv. Room was quiet. The building itself is still old -- bumpy walls, strange layout, etc. But the furniture, etc. has been upgraded and all in all, it was a much better experience than last time. Our dog even liked it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Buckhannon, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Overall the hotel and room were what you would expect for the price. Improvement could be made, since there are two buildings, more than just a coke machine in the far building would be nice. They have flower beds separating the parking spaces with shrubs and no clear walkway from one building to the other, due to this and misinformation from the desk about the location of the coke machine my trip to the other building was exactly that! I went down like a sack of hammers. I tripped on the parking stop hidden in the shadows, could not regain balance because I was short stepped by the foot tall mound of mulch in the flower bed. Funny to watch I'm sure but I fractured my toe and bruised my ribs. But alas, I went to the coke machine, and downed a few asprin and went on.
Back to the hotel, the bed and pillows were very uncomfortable, I would have moved to the floor but Ooo yuck not in any hotel!
There was wifi Internet in the room. The business center consisted of a computer setup in the back of the front desk area, either that or they let me use the company computer and printer. I needed to print some things and was not charged. I thought that was pretty cool.
If I find myself in need for business accommodations, I would stay again.
There was a fridge and microwave in the room also.
A convenient store with gas and a Cracker Barrel are within walking distance. More selections are just one exit up.
The staff was very nice and helpful. I give it average because I have stayed at the best and worst and this served my need well.

• Stayed December 2012
Loveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We only stayed at this hotel one night, but I was very impressed. Although it is an older hotel, it is very well maintained and very clean. The staff were all very helpful and friendly, and the bed was very comfortable, which is a big deal to me. I'm not very happy if I don't get a good night's sleep. The room was quiet, and we didn't really hear any other guests through the night. I will definitely stay at this hotel the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple