“best 2 star hotel I've ever stayed at. Rating to low”

La Quinta Inn Richmond
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed March 15, 2008

Just a great place to stay. Very clean comfortable rooms with all the bells and whistles. From the time you check in and until you check out, you will be glad you stayed here.
The day my wife and I checked in, there was fresh cookies, coffee and fruit in the lobby for the taking. The room had first class furniture and everything was CLEAN.,CLEAN,CLEAN.....We were treated like someone special...Great Place.....Great price.....Safe place to stay...

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Richmond

Reviewed July 9, 2007

My husband, daughter and family were traveling and decided to stay at this location because of the outdoor pool.

The worst thing was the odor when you walked into the lobby...smelled like cats lived there.

The rooms were ok, the bathroom was very small.

The positive thing was the continental breakfast...a good selection of items.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank robspat
Reviewed August 20, 2006

Unlike previous reviews, we had a very positive experience at this hotel. We had asked to have our rooms placed together near my mother, and asked for a roll-away if possible. when we arrived, we were waited on quickly and with a friendly manner. the desk clerk wanted us to let him know right away if we had any problems with our room arrangements. He also made sure we had our roll away at no extra charge. The hotel is not in great shape, but it seems that there are upgrades being made to made it an average hotel. You cannot expect a whole lot for $51.00, but we were very happy with the facilities and the continental breakfast. The pool could use a face lift, but that was the only issue and a small one at that.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2006

Wow, I never thought I would need to investigate or check reviews for a La Quinta, but I wish I had read the posts before I stayed here.
When we arrived, the desk clerk was too busy eating a sandwich to help us out. Once we received our key, we discovered we would be on the 2nd floor with no elevator. The stairs are STEEP.
Since the hotel does not provide a crib, we had to bring our own. We were juggling a baby, our bags and a portable crib. The clerk just looked at us, didn't even attempt to hold a door open for us. That's just courtesy for anyone. Finally I asked to change our room to the 1st floor to avoid lugging our stuff up the stairs. The clerk was able to do this quickly.
We were given the world's DIRTIEST room. This was obviously the PARTY room with beer stains on the walls and mold on the ceiling. Since we were just passing through staying one night we dealt with it. The next morning, an older woman working at the hotel was standing outside talking to another employee, complaining, complaining, complaining about anything and everything about her job. She set up the breakfast and complained the whole time. When I was checking out she was complaining that she has to do EVERYTHING around there. She complains so much, but can't make eye contact with anyone. I bit my tongue, but almost said "SHUT UP LADY, I DON'T CARE!"

We did encounter one very friendly woman, I believe she was a maid. She stopped and chatted with us and was very friendly.

But on our way out, once again the employees just stood there watching us struggle with the baby, our luggage, the crib and the door. They could care less. They just complain the whole time they are there. If the employees hate the hotel, I can't imagine a traveler enjoying the stay. I wish I had taken photos to post.

• Stayed: May 2006
Reviewed April 29, 2006

i stayed here on apr 28th on my way from atlanta to cincinnati. stayed in room 205 this place gets a good rating on all of the discount websites. surely no one from any of those sites has actually stayed here. if this a a two star hotel, i'd hate to see a one star. the bed was absolutely the worst bed i've ever tried to sleep on. the box springs sagged so much that if you laid down, your fet were higher than your head. even turning the mattress around didn't help. we ended up sleeping at the end of the bed with our feet up against the headboard. and if you laid near the edge, you would roll off. the only good thing i will say about this place was the bathroom appeared to be clean and the shower head and drain worked. of course you expect them to work, but given the bed, i was surprised they worked as well as they did.
as for the continental breakfast, the one banana and two dried up danish i saw didn't make for a very good appetite.
all in all, i would not recommend this place for anyone

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank Herman49
Reviewed March 21, 2006

I've stayed in this hotel twice, once in October 2005 and again in January 2006. I stayed there a second time because I thought I was remembering the original stay in an overly critical light. I wasn't. We often stay at LaQuintas as they're sort of like the McDonald's of the hospitality industry.... not fantastic, but generally reliable and clean. Not this one. The auxiliary doors don't lock, the rooms are filthy, with wallpaper peeling off the walls, broken heat and ventilation units, carpets water damaged and pulled away from the walls.... its not at all up the chains usual standards. The breakfast (which is SUPPOSED to be like all the other LaQuintas) is inedible, with poor quality ingredients and lackluster presentation. The staff is disinterested and often absent. I had to wait more than ten minutes for someone to appear to check us out... at 8:30 in the morning. It wasn't an extraordinary hour! I can't recommend this motel to anyone, despite its reasonable rate. If you stay there, you'll be sorry.

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank redchief
Reviewed March 18, 2006

We were just passing through but the hotel was perfectly adequate for travelers on a budget. Nice continental breakfast, high speed internet and easily reached off the interstate.

• Stayed: March 2006