“good value and clean”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Richmond
windsor, ontario
“good value and clean”
Reviewed June 9, 2011

we stayed here on our way to Gatlinburg, TN. What drew us was the $39 rate and the La Quinta name. Rooms were clean. Beds good. Showerhead, very nice. The bathroom is a little small but works one at a time. The breakfast area is small but adequate - we always go early. The pool needed to be skimmed - water looked and smelled clean but too many floaties on top. We were here mid week and it was quiet. There is a Cracker Barrel within walking distance for supper but other options are just a couple of miles down the road on the Bypass. Sara at the desk was very helpful when we checked in. I would return again if we needed to stop in Richmond, KY.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank super0ma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Crestwood, Illinois
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Very nice hotel that we stayed at on the way & on the way back from our honeymoon in Tennessee. All of the staff were very professional and extremely nice. The rooms were nice, clean and had everything we needed. With the free wi-fi and comfy desks I was able to easily upload the photos from our honeymoon. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling thru the area. The waffles were so tasty and there were so many other foods to choose from as well!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heather1124
Daytona Beach, FL
Reviewed September 27, 2010

La Quinta has spent a lot of money advertising that they have updated their facilities and I would say that I have often (but not always) been pleased with the La Quinta's we have stayed in and usually stay exclusively in La Quinta's when we take road trips. The rate we paid was $95 because there was an event in the area and $50 would have been too much for this place.

This place gives La Quinta a bad name... really it does. The bathroom smelled like urine and the floors were filthy and sticky with what was probably cleaners not properly rinsed off. There was a mat in the shower and all around it was black and - sorry - it was gross.

If it hadn't been 10PM and too late to re-pack the car and go somewhere else, I would have. I agree with the reviewer who said the La Quinta should not put their name on this place, at least not until they have done a total renovation of it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DaytonaDeb
chicago
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Middle of the road La Quinta but with the coupon from Room Savers at the rest area it is a good value $44.95, with no pet fee. Bed was comfortable. Room was a nice size with a small frig and microwave. I have paid $20 to $40 more for other La Quinta's on this trip and this is just fine for less. Not as nice as the others but I am just stopping over for the night. and want a clean comfortable room not the Trump Tower.

If you are just looking for a clean place and at a good price, this is the place. Nothing fancy but safe to pull over for the night when you are on the road.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank onintthree
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 28, 2010

On the way home from 4th of july weekend we found richmond to be the most logical stop for the night. Due to a bunch of events in town we found that after calling many hotels the laquinta was the only hotel with rooms left. I have stayed at this brand before and enjoyed it very much. The La Quinta corporation should remove their brand from this location. The staff was hard to pick out from anyone else as they dressed in shorts and regular style t shirts. When I first got there no one was at the desk the first ten min. Our room was in a diffrent unit on the other side of the parking lot. I had to walk back and forth for breakfest. The pool was a joke it was outside and very worn out. The overall condition was very poor. They advertised a hot breakfest with Biscuits and gravy. The gravy was a color I have never seen before. Out of 30 people no one even had the gutts to try it. I would stay away and never visit again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jnstev
ohio
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed at this laquinta for one night before my daughter jr olympic track meet at EKU. It was a nice location given what we were there for. It rained so we cdidnt even look at the pool.
first the pros
!. rooms were clean( we had 2)
!. beds were comfortable. I am picky about beds, and these ones were nice. they seemed new
now the cons:
!. nobody ever in lobby. I called the day before arrival to add another room, and tried for 2 hours before getting someone, and every time I needed somethinglike check in, check out, toothbrush I had to wait for someone
!. attendant on check in had tatoos and guages in his ears. I know this should not matter, but these days it pays to be careful especially when traveling with kids.
!. breakfast was horrible. The hotel was very busy, but there was only one waffle maker, syrup was nasty, 1 type of danish, biscuts were hard as rocks. And cereal selection was not good for kids.
!. need carpet throughout

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
eau claire, wi
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed here coming back from south carolina, the room rate was great, the breakfast was o.k. i have had better, rooms were clean and bed was comfortable, the night we stayed they had a group of teenagers on a golfing trip about 25 of them and they made alot of noise, the front desk attendent put a stop to it around 1am so the rest of the night was peaceful, would i recommend this place to other people? yes......

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family