“Easter Brunch”

Acres of Land Winery Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited for Easter brunch and the food was fantastic. Several dishes I had not had in a long time and good twists on old favorites. We will definitely go back for brunch in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family recently visited Acres of Land for their Sunday brunch and it was fantastic. This was our first visit since they rebuilt the restaurant after the original was destroyed by fire and I can safely say it won't be our last. We were pleasantly surprised by the variety of offerings in the buffet - from breakfast items such as bacon, sausage, and biscuits and gravy to more exotic items like roulade of duck and chicken. Also included were fresh fruit and salad along with an omelet station. Everything we tried was delicious and at only $9.95 per person, it was a tremendous value. I highly recommend Acres of Land's Sunday brunch and look forward to more visits in the future.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Service was poor and they said they only offered lunch menu but table behind our table was served from dinner menu. Ask for hamburger to be medium rare, received well done burger with burnt places on burger. Screwed up 3 of 8 meals. Appetizers were average to below average.

1  Thank ddtc
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Service was good and we were treated well but the food was really below average and just not very good.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I had talked up Acres of Land to his aunts due to previous visits. Between the two of us, we've had one wedding, two rehearsal dinners, three lunches and four dinners at the restaurant. The best food and service I had was in 2007 when the original restaurant was across the road. Since that place burned and the owners rebuilt across the road, the quality has great diminished.

We arrived around 6:15 on a Saturday night and were asked if we were part of the party. I said no that we were a party of four. I could see various open tables but we stood there for 15 minutes while they decided to seat us. The owner, Lowell Land, approached us to make small chitchat. We were eventually seated at an oval table for four. I spent the first half of the visit being slammed into by the table next to me. One of our dining companions spent the last half of her visit being slammed into by the table behind her and the servers.

We asked for a bottle of Marie's Merlot - as we have had it numerous times before - only to be told by the waitress that there may not be any. How do you run out of one of your top reds at a winery? The only other two choices were very high priced Cab and Chambourcin. We passed. When we decided to order our dinner, our server was nowhere to be seen. When we finally did flag her down, we ordered and she was completely clueless on the sides as well as any of the specifics of the menu.

The appetizers finally arrived (the banana peppers were extremely hot but once you took a bite or tried to cut them, the entire pepper came out of the breading). One of our companions ordered Thousand Island dressing only to be told it was too late to make any (at 6:30! on a Saturday night!!). Another companion ordered Bleu Cheese and ended up with a vinegar mess.

Once dinner arrived, we were hopeful for our entrees. However they disappointed. Despite what the menu said, my friend Chicken did not come with gravy. When I asked about it, the server had her dumb look again and said she would check. When she came back she said that the new menu doesn't say anything about the gravy. Well we were given just the one menu which clearly stated gravy. She offered no alternative. It would have been nice to have gravy as the chicken was dry and flavorless. There was one piece of meat on my plate that I have no idea what it was other than gristle and blood vessels. We never saw the server again.

My husband ordered the prime rib medium and it came out cold and medium rare. The asparagus casserole was mushy and tasted like rotten mushrooms.

When the owner stopped by our table to inquire about our meals, I told him in the nicest terms I could how disappointed I was. He explained that maybe they had Merlot in the warehouse and no one brought it over. Then he said he would see what he could do to get me some gravy.

He never returned. Instead I watched him walk over to his wife who then glared at our table, then he walked outside to the warehouse. He never re-visited our table. And we still had yet to see our waitress.

One of our companions flagged down what we assumed to be the manager and thankfully we were correct. I relayed to him our experience, he apologized profusely and launched into a reasoning behind bottling and harvesting times. He eventually comped my meal but the overall experience had already been ruined. He gave me his card and told us he wanted us to return but I told him with a 45 minute drive, we would not be returning.

If we didn't have another couple with us and hadn't been so far from home, we would have walked out immediately. The incompetent clueless waitress coupled with the lack of wine, disgusting food AND the arrogant owners that didn't seem to give a damn ruined what should have been a pleasant dinner.

8  Thank kychilehead