“Pleasant surprise!!!!”

Madison Garden
Ranked #34 of 127 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dixon, Kentucky
“Pleasant surprise!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Loved the atmosphere (I love music that you can hear and there was no problem hearing this music, think goodness) I loved the food, the music and the staff was very friendly. The downfall was our server, ( she was very friendly but forgot a lot of stuff that we asked for, but for us, we didn't mind like some anal people do, we would just rims her again. Would definitely go back.

• Visited April 2013

Owensboro, Kentucky
“"Unexpectedly" Pleasant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I am from out of town and just happened to be passing through on my way to Tennessee and I stumbled upon this resturant on this site. After reading some of the negative reviews, especially that ridiculuously long one, I was hesistant to try out this establishment. However, I heard about their wings and really did not want to go to large chain or corporate restaurant. So upon entering the restaurant for dinner I was greeted with a smile and seated immediately. I was told that they just started serving "Almost" New York pizza as they like to call it. So I helped myself to a slice which was not New York pizza but it was very good and I also had 5 wings. The food and service were great and I had an awesome time. I don't know what these bad reviews are talking about but my experience was great. This place had obviously been around for a long time and had some great character. If I ever pass through the little town of Richmond again I will definitely stop there for another round of pizza and wings!

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wings!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Best wings in KENTUCKY. Combined with great service, good drinks, and tons of selection of beer! Perfect place to watch the game and hang with friends. Madison Garden is where it's at! Highly recommended.

1 Thank Asabie24
“Some people just can't be satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

I don't know what some of these people are talking about. My family went to Madison Garden and we loved it. They were out of a couple beers but hey, they carry over 175 different ones and I know that there's no way that they can always have all of them in stock! That didn't bother us at all. Lots to choose from!

My dad is a bourbon drinker and he tried two different bourbons he had never had before. He was very impressed. Mom ordered some fancy drink I wouldn't expect anyone to know how to make but the bartender was kind enough to take the time to look it up which I thought was very kind seeing that she was slammed busy after the eku football game.

As for the server, it was a guy but I can't remember his name, he was attentive and took good care of us. He was always just a wave away!

The pizza was soooo delicious WAY better than gilliums.

Overall, the place has it's quirks but that's a mom & pop shop for ya. I'd eat at Madison Garden hands down any time over corporate places like Applebees or ocharleys. The food is better quality and I can tell it's not made from a microwavable box like at those places.

And PS. Ive never seen the place full of drunks lol.

2 Thank Foodman27
KY
“Great Wings but has got more mainstream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The wings are great decent atmosphere basically a bar with above average food. The place has changed over the years in which it seems that they are trying to go mainstream. The wings haven't changed a bit which is the reason we go. They are a dry rub wing with plenty of heat

Visited September 2012